Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Looks nice.. did you painted it??

Hi All

Got my car a week ago. Really don't like what Maserati did with the bottom of the side skirts and rear bumper. So I did a little mod. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice.. did you painted it??
No. I had a body shop do it. I did a very small job on my C350 years ago. Didn't turn out so well. Don't think I want to mess with it. Let the professional handle it.
Actually haven't seen it. Picking it up after work today.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Nice job,

Adds a little something to it. My cars nero so may not make much of a difference but on that bianco it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The existing plastic side skirts seem to be slightly textured to me. Was the paint finish super smooth, just wondering if they sanded out the texture before applying the paintwork?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I actually think the plastic surface was pretty smooth already. I don't think it is as "perfect" as the factory paint on the rest of the body, but it is pretty good. Then again, it is the bottom of the car, it doesn't have to be perfectly smooth.
My 911 Porsche came factory painted bottom. It is intentionally made to look like "orange peel" surface to take the rock hitting.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very sleek. I like it. Good job!

Reactions: yxc145
1 - 9 of 9 Posts