Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, anyway. Looked like a base in Rosso Folgore. Out of state plates (FLA - you on here?) but nice to see one just the same. Either didn't see me as I gave the thumbs up or just ignored it.

I know there's a few of us in the area - where are you guys??

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hi, I am a Boston Ghibli owner and have had mine since February, equipment similar to yours - SQ4, Blue Emozione, Rosso Interior, Sport, Luxury, 20" Uranos.

Love the car, except for injector noise, turbo waste gate noise, non-working windows, and cheap interior (compared to QP5).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a White QP with California Plates that I have been driving around Boston for the past 4 years. Placed an order for my Ghibli S Q4 and am waiting for it to arrive in June!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am very lucky I have no injector noise, turbo waste gate noise, non-working windows, and cheap interior (compared to QP5). Sorry the interior is just fine for me I think everyone is being to hard on the interior............IMO.........want better buy a rolls or a Bentely

·
Registered
30 Posts
It may have been Kurt (naplesmas). He bought his Ghibli in Florida and brought it to Boston.

Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am very lucky I have no injector noise, turbo waste gate noise, non-working windows, and cheap interior (compared to QP5). Sorry the interior is just fine for me I think everyone is being to hard on the interior............IMO.........want better buy a rolls or a Bentely

I'm not sure if you're "lucky" Etodd, I would bet most owners don't have those problems...I know I don't have any of them. I drive with the sound system off and the sounds entering the cabin are purely joyous exhaust notes, not "what is that?"

As for the interior, I love it! We have the extended leather so maybe that is the difference, but I have yet to touch or look at something and think it is subpar. The design - especially the dash - delights my eye. When I look at the dash on other cars - especially BMW or Mercedes - I am a little taken back at their design...I always wonder why they couldn't have done as well as Maserati.

I mean seriously, look at this shot of the interior of the 6 series Gran Coupe:

http://vidamagz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/BMW-6-Series_Gran_Coupe_2013_800x600_wallpaper_b2.jpg

The display screen is not nearly as well integrated (it looks tacked on), the iDrive knob is way tilted towards the passenger, and to my eye the dash in front of the driver and the center console are a hodge podge of angles, colors, and shapes. Not nearly as harmonious as the Ghibli.

To each their own, but personally I haven't run across anything about the Ghibli interior that I would change.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the iDrive knob is way tilted towards the passenger
Actually the idrive knob tilted away from you is ergonomically correct. Think about how your hand would fall or rest on the control. Your hand would tilt slightly to the right while your thumb and index or middle finger manipulate the controller.

Mind you I completely agree the Maserati interior has a clean and simple elegance that the cluttered dashes other cars can't come close to.

One of the things I love most about the Ghibli is it's lack of needless technology. I had an Audi S5 that was like driving an iPhone. Absoluttely hated all the technology in that car.

Although I think the MTC on the QP has better integration into the dash than in the Ghibli.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
As I mentiioed in my post last week I was at the NYC auto show last week and experience the 'cockpit' of all the sports sedans marques.

The inrteriors of the Bavarian offerings are way too busy and ergonomically complicated; the iDrive and MMI are bad enough but when you add controls for things line seat massaging etc (E63 AMG) it is too much for me.

The Audi finish on S series is more understated than the Bimmer but then it too is spoiled by the 'mushroom' like B&O speakers. I remember the day when my A6 was also less complicated and did not have all the modern trappings that only serve to distract from the driving experience. Oh yeah Heads up display is supposed to fix that - LOL.

I much prefer the touch screen MTC functionality offered on the Fiar/Chrysler/Maserati; the only extra I would like on Ghibli is blindspot alert (flashing trident would be cool!).

Let's keep it simple and elegant - with extended leather (and Alcantara if you want) the interior is as graceful as the exterior IMO.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Guys
This is how I feel and why I chose the ghibli over the BMW and Mercedes. Simply out when I drive I want to feel the car and operate it. I don't want to be lulled into some passive state of mind relying on the car to do all the work. All the adaptive cruise control, side blind spot detection and all the other bells and whistles and tech stuff( outside of navigation) take away from the actual DRIVING experience.
I think, based on the views on this forum, we bought this car to drive. Not to have our living rooms now have wheels. I intend to drive the car in normal ice mode with my wife in the car because that's how she likes a car ride. Smooth and comfortable. Once she is out...sport mode all the way and twisty extra out of the way roads just to get to work.
You buy a Mercedes and BMW to coast to work on autopilot. You buy a maserati to run to work and run through the puddles like we were kids!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Actually the idrive knob tilted away from you is ergonomically correct. Think about how your hand would fall or rest on the control. Your hand would tilt slightly to the right while your thumb and index or middle finger manipulate the controller.

It reminds me of the ergonomic mice/trackballs/etc that some companies sell for computers. They seem to think they know my hand best. They've never really felt comfortable in my hand and I'll take the standard mouse any day.

On top of that, the position of the iDrive knob presupposes the position of the seat and the length of my forearm. It is much more efficient to have everyone touch the screen for operation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts