Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a write up for how to install the FitCamX Dash Camera into your Ghibli.

So, all you're going to need is a Phillips Screwdriver, a plastic trim tool and some beer! To start with, remove the two screw/mic covers from your overhead console by gently prying them off from the top, and reveal the screw on each side.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Grey Vehicle door

Remove each screw under these covers. Next, slide the overhead console slightly backwards towards you, and pull it out. Disconnect the brown plug from it and set it aside.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Stop and have some beer! 🍺

Remove the three small silver screws from the black plastic bezel (one left, one right, one in the middle).

Atmosphere Sky Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Black

Atmosphere Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Black

Now you can unplug the harness with the grey plug from the sunroof motor, and connect the camera harness to said plug, and plug back into the sunroof motor. (NOTE: I realize in the photo below, my sunroof motor is not installed. Just ignore that haha!)

Hood Automotive design Steering part Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Stop and chug the rest of your beer. You're doing great but the hardest part comes next! 🍺

Now it's time to remove the mirror surround cover from the windshield. Simply use your pry tool on each side, and the bottom, and separate the two halves. They're attached to each other with mounded snaps, so don't be afraid to give it a pull if needed.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

With the cover removed, fish the camera wire up through the hole in the middle of the headliner against the windshield with the existing wires and connect the camera wire to the harness you just plugged in.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Trunk

⚠ Don't forget to remove the blue plastic film from the camera lense if you haven't already. ⚠

Finally, install the camera in its place on the windshield. It clips in the same way the old cover did, on the sides and bottom, and the two halves clip together. Make sure everything is lined up and snug.

Stop and grab another beer, you've just completed the most difficult part of the install, and it wasn't even that bad! 🍺

Now you can reassemble the overhead console. Start by tucking the harness up into the big empty space next to the sunroof motor, reinstall the three small screws into the black plastic frame, and plug the overhead console back in to the brown connector.

Finally, you can slide the overhead console back into place, making sure the two tabs on the back side slot into their respective holes. Reinstall the two screws, one on each side, and clip the small black covers back on.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive mirror Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive design Helmet Flash photography Automotive tire

Chug that beer, you're almost finished!! 🍺

Now all you need to do is download the FitCamX app from your respective app store, and go through the setup process to pair it with your device. All camera settings can be changed once you connect to the camera with your device, including parking mode settings, resolution, and recording length.

And that's it! Sit back, grab another beer and admire your work! 🍺

·
Registered
2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is your owner's review of the camera? Do you have video examples of day and night, etc.?
The camera is true 4k, video quality is fantastic day and night. I love having the peace of mind that comes with having the front and rear setup, and I love that it looks OEM and blends right in. You won't even notice it's there, nor will anyone else, as it almost looks like a night sensor would for auto headlights, etc. I honestly wish they had these camera kits available for more vehicles as I'd have them in every one of my cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is great; I have been procrastinating on getting one, but I witnessed an accident right in front of me on the weekend, and it happened so fast that I was no help when the car just took off, and all I could get was the color... and I thought, I could help if I had the camera...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here is a write up for how to install the FitCamX Dash Camera into your Ghibli.

So, all you're going to need is a Phillips Screwdriver, a plastic trim tool and some beer! To start with, remove the two screw/mic covers from your overhead console by gently prying them off from the top, and reveal the screw on each side.

View attachment 22196

Remove each screw under these covers. Next, slide the overhead console slightly backwards towards you, and pull it out. Disconnect the brown plug from it and set it aside.

View attachment 22197

Stop and have some beer! 🍺

Remove the three small silver screws from the black plastic bezel (one left, one right, one in the middle).

View attachment 22198
View attachment 22199
View attachment 22200

Now you can unplug the harness with the grey plug from the sunroof motor, and connect the camera harness to said plug, and plug back into the sunroof motor. (NOTE: I realize in the photo below, my sunroof motor is not installed. Just ignore that haha!)

View attachment 22201

Stop and chug the rest of your beer. You're doing great but the hardest part comes next! 🍺

Now it's time to remove the mirror surround cover from the windshield. Simply use your pry tool on each side, and the bottom, and separate the two halves. They're attached to each other with mounded snaps, so don't be afraid to give it a pull if needed.

View attachment 22202

With the cover removed, fish the camera wire up through the hole in the middle of the headliner against the windshield with the existing wires and connect the camera wire to the harness you just plugged in.

View attachment 22203

⚠ Don't forget to remove the blue plastic film from the camera lense if you haven't already. ⚠

Finally, install the camera in its place on the windshield. It clips in the same way the old cover did, on the sides and bottom, and the two halves clip together. Make sure everything is lined up and snug.

Stop and grab another beer, you've just completed the most difficult part of the install, and it wasn't even that bad! 🍺

Now you can reassemble the overhead console. Start by tucking the harness up into the big empty space next to the sunroof motor, reinstall the three small screws into the black plastic frame, and plug the overhead console back in to the brown connector.

Finally, you can slide the overhead console back into place, making sure the two tabs on the back side slot into their respective holes. Reinstall the two screws, one on each side, and clip the small black covers back on.

View attachment 22204
View attachment 22205

Chug that beer, you're almost finished!! 🍺

Now all you need to do is download the FitCamX app from your respective app store, and go through the setup process to pair it with your device. All camera settings can be changed once you connect to the camera with your device, including parking mode settings, resolution, and recording length.

And that's it! Sit back, grab another beer and admire your work! 🍺
Do you have a link for this

·
Registered
34 Posts

Ordered a few days ago, it supposed to get here on the 4th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts