Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a number of reports here of a similar set of symptoms: a flashing check engine light combined with surging and stalling of the engine at the same time. Turning the car off and leaving it for a few minutes seems to solve the problem, at least temporarily.

I had this problem once, about a month ago, with my car, and had it in for service last week. The dealer had an extended dialog with Maserati in Italy about what to check -- they looked at the spark plugs (which were "perfect"), upgraded the ECU software, and checked the alcohol content of the fuel (6%, which is fine). Ultimately the only thing they did was the ECU update, and we're going to wait now to see if the problem recurs.

I'm hoping that others here can post the resolutions they've had, both successful and not, for this problem, so if there's some common fix that's needed that we can identify it as a group. My initial contribution is the ECU update -- if others could add reports of what was done on their cars and whether it seemed to work, that would be helpful. Thanks. (The build date on my car is 5/14.)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any word/update on this ?
I had it happen to me, but I thought I brought it on, pushing it in Sports Mode right away while it was still cold (32F 0C) outside.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It recurred for me about a month after I posted that message; turning the car off, waiting a minute and restarting resolved it. Since then it's not happened again (several months), though there are occasional reports here about the problem and I haven't seen any campaigns that are supposed to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts