Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Formula Dynamics is happy to announce 2 exciting new reasons to pick up new Performance Products this Holiday Season for your Maserati Ghibli.

The 1st bit of news is that Larini is reducing pricing on many of its most popular exhaust products, effective Tuesday, December 2nd. These prices will be updated on www.lariniusa.com[/URL] and should help to make your decision on exhaust systems that much easier!

The 2nd bit of news is that Formula Dynamics would like to formally announce the 2014 Cyber Holiday Sale which offers additional discounts on our best products for a limited time only! These discounts will be offered, in addition to, the price reductions offered by Larini.

From December 1st - December 12th, Formula Dynamics invites you to save big as we present our 2014 Formula Dynamics Cyber Holiday Sale. We’re reducing prices on some of our best products for a limited time only and introducing our new line of products for the Maserati Ghibli, so this is definitely the best time of the year to buy.

Discounts will be released the day of the sale on this website: Formula Dynamics Cyber Holiday Sale[/URL] so be sure to bookmark this page and check back on December 1st to see just how much you'll save. In the mean time, get your wish list together and if you have any questions about our products, give us a call and we'll help you make sure you've got all the answers you need.

Save big on items such as:

• Larini Systems Exhaust Products (Larini is doing some big time savings so all prices may not be up on the 1st but call us and we'll get you pricing)
• Drive By Wire / F-1 Enhancement Module
• Sport Performance Springs
• Performance Wheel Spacers
• Veloce Corsa Wheels
• FD Brake Rotors & Brake Pads
• FD Big Brake Kits
• FD / Brembo Big Brake Kits
• Performance Anti Sway Bar Kit​

Once again, be sure to visit our website 2013 Formula Dynamics Cyber Holiday Sale for more details and let us help you get just what you want for the holidays to make your Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Aston Martin or other exotic automobile perform at its best! Get your lists ready now or call us with any questions you may have (702) 430-1040.

The Team at Formula Dynamics

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
Can you please come up with some ceramic pads for the Ghibli SQ4... The dust is KILLING me!
We do offer a lower dust pad for the SQ4, not yet listed on the website but you can ask for it in the mean time. It's not a ceramic but it doesn't have to be, in order to be a low dust pad. We may also offer up a ceramic pad in the future, we are working on it!

Best Regards,

·
Registered
348 Posts
We do offer a lower dust pad for the SQ4, not yet listed on the website but you can ask for it in the mean time. It's not a ceramic but it doesn't have to be, in order to be a low dust pad. We may also offer up a ceramic pad in the future, we are working on it!

Best Regards,
Yes, in desperate need of an alternative...the dust is horrible. What about a Chip tune in addition to the DBW module you offer?

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
Yes, in desperate need of an alternative...the dust is horrible. What about a Chip tune in addition to the DBW module you offer?
Sounds good, we did speak with you last week just before the holiday, we will try to get you a kit together shortly! As to the ECM, we do not yet have this product, we are focusing on the core line of products you see in the top of this thread and once completed, we will likely begin work on an ECM product!

The DBW and Larini products do provide an excellent seat of the pants improvement if you're itching to get started with some upgrades before then!

Best Regards,

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
The SQ4 was the very first DBW product we built for the new Ghibli, several months back. We can try to get one of the SQ4 owners on here to help provide more feedback. However, since this is an intelligent product that uses real tuning maps and is custom tailored for the Maserati Ghibli means that this makes a real seat of the pants improvement right from the first use. And since we utilize data that other products don't like RPM, Load, etc... you can get a great improvement right off the line which significantly reduces the noticeable lag felt at takeoff without the product overcompensating in other situations (such as once the turbo is boosting) which would make it "jumpy" or overly sensitive. This is one of the main reasons why the FD DBW system makes such a noticeable improvement without negative side effects.

Of course, right now is a great time to purchase since our Holiday Sale is in effect!

Best Regards,

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
Hey Everyone, just wanted to let you know that all Holiday Discounts have been loaded on the website and these discounts are active until 12/12/14.

Formula Dynamics Cyber Holiday Sale

Also, all the new Larini Exhaust Prices have been released for the Ghibli... you can see them directly at : www.lariniusa.com

Currently, all products are available to order for the SQ4 and the Sport Mufflers are available for the 3.0 / 3.0S

If there are any Diesel owners out there just let us know, we can get you price and availability for those as well!

Happy Holidays

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Everyone, just wanted to let you know that all Holiday Discounts have been loaded on the website and these discounts are active until 12/12/14.

Also, all the new Larini Exhaust Prices have been released for the Ghibli... you can see them directly at : www.lariniusa.com

Currently, all products are available to order for the SQ4 and the Sport Mufflers are available for the 3.0 / 3.0S

If there are any Diesel owners out there just let us know, we can get you price and availability for those as well!

Happy Holidays
So this may be a dumb question but how does one install the DBW module and does it void the warranty?

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts

Happy Holidays
So this may be a dumb question but how does one install the DBW module and does it void the warranty?
It takes about 10 minutes to install. The only tool you need is an Allen wrench, remove 3 screws to access the throttle cable under the dash. Unplug your current wire harness and plug the new one in, reassemble panel. Done

You won't have any warranty issues with it. No changes to the ECU are done. You're fine. Many people have a DBW installed already on this forum including myslef. The results are very positive and I would not be able to drive my car without one anymore. The car is 100x more enjoyable to drive and much quicker with accelerating. Nite and day difference.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
The FD DBWEM takes a bit more time to install, 2-3 hours is typical. The reason is that our product is much more than just a pedal booster. We use RPM, Load and other factors in tuning maps to make improvements that the basic products from other companies can't. Most of the install work is just getting to the harnesses and such that require you to remove a few panels, there are no Maserati specific tools required.

However, the results of installing our product is improved because for instance, with just a simple pedal booster product, it is not an intelligent product, it doesn't have access to the same information. So it doesn't know whether your taking off from a stop light (and fighting turbo lag) or if you're cruising down the highway at 75 mph in 4th gear... it only knows how far you're pushing the pedal down and it simply adds a predetermined amount "more" throttle under all circumstances. This means that you will either not have enough boost to combat the turbo lag at take off OR it will be jumpy under normal driving circumstances when the vehicle is already at speed because the turbo is already spooled up and so the vehicle doesn't require as much boost. Without having all the information that we have access to in our tuning maps, they simply can't offer the same result.

Another point is that the response curves of these simple booster products aren't necessarily tailored to the Maserati Ghibli V6 Turbo and Transmission, they typically just offer a fixed pedal boost that may or may not match the driving profile of actual car it's installed on. Instead, compatibility is usually determined by referencing the accelerator pedals that they plug into (by part number). These pedals are used on many cars, not just the Ghibli. That's not to say that people don't like these basic mods... as we know, they do offer an improvement but it's important to know the differences because many people may compare them equally, when that simply isn't a fair comparison.

With that said, the FD DBWEM is a product that is custom tailored to the Maserati Ghibli and designed to offer you the best improvement possible, under all circumstances.

As to warranty, the FD DBW can be bypassed, if desired, so we just recommend doing that before going to the dealer. As mrpa1999 wrote, we don't reprogram the ECU, this is an additional module, that can be removed if desired.

Another point worth mentioning is that we actually offer different products profiles for the Ghibli depending on if you have the 2WD, 4WD, 3.0 Base, S or diesel model to match the differences in these vehicle.

In any case, feel free to reach out to us directly for more information!

Best Regards,

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
Hey Everyone just a friendly reminder that our Holiday Sale ends Friday, December 12th! We have all our new parts for the Ghibli on sale so now is a great time to Save Big!

Please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email with any questions or to place an order!

Best Regards,
-- The Team at Formula Dynamics USA

·
Registered
47 Posts
I appreciate the explanation and it sounds like a very well thought out product. The price point certainly puts in a tough territory because it's more than 65 percent of the cost of an available ecu tune right now. I would have certainly been an early adopter but the cost of the sprint booster and an ecu tune seem like a better overall value for achieving seat of your pants gains and dyno results. I would be interested in comparing the sprint booster versus your DBW product but at this price point, this would likely need to be done by someone with the sprint booster willing to go to your shop for a real life comparison test.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
I appreciate the explanation and it sounds like a very well thought out product. The price point certainly puts in a tough territory because it's more than 65 percent of the cost of an available ecu tune right now. I would have certainly been an early adopter but the cost of the sprint booster and an ecu tune seem like a better overall value for achieving seat of your pants gains and dyno results. I would be interested in comparing the sprint booster versus your DBW product but at this price point, this would likely need to be done by someone with the sprint booster willing to go to your shop for a real life comparison test.
im in the same camp as you. I would love to give the FD module a try but.. I don't mind paying a premium, as long as I am getting premium results. im not an engineer and I simply go by my 0-60mph time and by what I can feel by driving the car.

with that said, if anyone out there has the FD DBW could you let us know or send me a PM. if you are close to me, I have no prob letting you run the sprint booster module on your car so you can experience both modules. I can take it off my car and put it on your car in minutes and we can measure the change.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
Sure guys, feel free to test as needed, we can do custom programs as well including valet modes, which is nice to have. We essentially have full control and command at our finger tips!

Otherwise, there are 2 DBW reviews out there on the forums now, one from a base Ghibli customer and another from a SQ4 customer. Of course, we also have hundreds of reviews from Maserati customers over the years. I understand it costs a bit more, it's just all about what you're looking for. The Maserati is a step above and our product is as well!

Again though, now is a great time to buy with the sale in effect!

Happy Holidays from the Team at Formula Dynamics!

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
with reference to the wheel spacers, the black ghibli base you have pictured on your main website, does that have 18 or 25mm spacers?

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
with reference to the wheel spacers, the black ghibli base you have pictured on your main website, does that have 18 or 25mm spacers?
The Black Ghibli has +25mm wheel spacers, however the size varies depending on which wheels you have. Please just let us know which wheel setup you have when ordering and we'll be sure to help you pick the correct set!

Best Regards,

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
328 Posts
Last day of holiday sale!

Hey Everyone, just wanted to remind you all that tomorrow Friday, Dec 12th is the Final Day of our 2014 Holiday Cyber Sale!

There are some killer discounts on both Larini Exhaust and Formula Dynamics Performance Parts!

Check it out here for more details! Formula Dynamics Cyber Holiday Sale .

We've been slammed on the phones but you can always send us an email as well and take advantage of these deals while they are here!

Happy Holidays!
-- The Team and Formula Dynamics

1 - 18 of 18 Posts