Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on Facebook figured out a way to update MTC maps for free. I have tried myself but apparently there is no map/software update for my car (6.25, European version).
Anyway, here's a brief version on how to do it:

Go to NAV -> Settings -> Map, press the options icon on the top left corner (the one with three lines), the press Update Map. You will be prompted to insert an USB stick, you'll get an error message and the car info will be written to the stick. Download Garmin Express ( https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/ ), install it, insert the USB stick, and then follow the steps to add/register the device, and check for the update. With the update written to the stick, go back to your car, follow the same exact steps to get to the update menu, and you should have an updated map.

Credit goes to Angel Olivas on FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1026398107427093/2125203704213189/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! It works great - I just performed the update on my US '14 SQ4.

Apologies about the dust on the screen. ;)

A word to those who are performing the update - when the nav system starts again for the first time, it will sit at the loading screen with a "Software Loading..." prompt at the top of the screen for a LONG time. I didn't time it, but it seemed like it was close to 10 minutes. Just be patient.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great, I'm glad it helped.

Can someone from Europe check if they get an upgrade, and maybe share a dump of the USB drive?

·
Registered
14 Posts
just checked mine in USA my version was 6.25 if i remember good the dealer did upgrade it to latest version that is the 7.09 without i know that , by the way i did these steps reported here to check and it worked and mine is the latest it say, thanks for sharing and hope it will help some one else,,,,, Happy New Year to ALL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I just did it to my 14 Us model and worked great. It does take a bit to update the files so just be aware. But it works.
Thx!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doesn't work on 2017 model

I have a 2017 and I don't see the three menu lines in the Setting mode.
From the pictures posted, it looks like my MTC is a different device.
Any ideas how to update a 2017?
Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tried this on a UK 2015 model and it only seems to check the software version which it thinks is up to date (6.25). Nothing about maps that I can find and I'm running with 2013 maps on the car.

Anyone have any joy with UK cars?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Someone on Facebook figured out a way to update MTC maps for free. I have tried myself but apparently there is no map/software update for my car (6.25, European version).
Anyway, here's a brief version on how to do it:

Go to NAV -> Settings -> Map, press the options icon on the top left corner (the one with three lines), the press Update Map. You will be prompted to insert an USB stick, you'll get an error message and the car info will be written to the stick. Download Garmin Express ( https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/ ), install it, insert the USB stick, and then follow the steps to add/register the device, and check for the update. With the update written to the stick, go back to your car, follow the same exact steps to get to the update menu, and you should have an updated map.

Credit goes to Angel Olivas on FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1026398107427093/2125203704213189/
Done!

Ron

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
so...

is this now a software/app update only or a software update including a new map??
does anybody know for sure one way or the other?

in either case, did anybody experience any improvements / changes??

thanks
It's a firmware upgrade only. After the upgrade my map version was still set to 2015. I've ordered the 2018 maps from the website in the post I quoted earlier. They are shipping the maps via a USB for me to update. I'll post back once done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's a firmware upgrade only. After the upgrade my map version was still set to 2015. I've ordered the 2018 maps from the website in the post I quoted earlier. They are shipping the maps via a USB for me to update. I'll post back once done.
Which make/model did you select for the map update? Of course Maserati is not an option but I recall reading somewhere that the map update for a Chrysler 300 works on our car. I just wanted to confirm before I order an update.

Also, my update took about 45 minutes to complete. My screen was stuck with the "Loading,please wait..." message for over half an hour. I thought something went terribly wrong but it finally loaded and the map screen came up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which make/model did you select for the map update? Of course Maserati is not an option but I recall reading somewhere that the map update for a Chrysler 300 works on our car. I just wanted to confirm before I order an update.

Also, my update took about 45 minutes to complete. My screen was stuck with the "Loading,please wait..." message for over half an hour. I thought something went terribly wrong but it finally loaded and the map screen came up.
I used The 300 and 2014 version. The next step asked for my 10digit id that I got off the Nav screen. Once I used that, it routed me to the 2018 maps for purchase.

Before you get the maps though, check what version you have. I currently have the North America 2015 version and upgrading to the 2018 version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question for those that have updated...will it remove any SiriusXM subscription information? My CPO came with an active subscription so I'd hate to update and find I need to reenter subscription info I don't have!

Also, does it do anything about needing to "Accept" the navigation warning every time?

·
Super Moderator
1,933 Posts
This only updates the MTC map software version and permits purchase of updated maps. Nothing to do with SiriusXM subscription.
Sadly does not change the requirement to "Accept" each and every time you start the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Question for those that have updated...will it remove any SiriusXM subscription information? My CPO came with an active subscription so I'd hate to update and find I need to reenter subscription info I don't have!

Also, does it do anything about needing to "Accept" the navigation warning every time?
I have an active sub, and mine was fine after the update. Sadly, it does nothing to make the "Accept" go away - I believe even the newest models still have this. It seems it won't ever change to a "one-time acceptance" type deal, so we are stuck hitting it every time. I've gotten used to it, and I don't even notice it anymore. It drove me CRAZY when I first got the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone completed the map update after installing the software update? How did it go?

I just placed the order for the map update. Like 'anandlal' stated, it gets shipped out from Chrysler on a USB stick. I selected the map update for a 14 Chrysler 300 and it accepted my MTC unit id number with no problem. Total price came to $158 shipped.

I'll post about my install experience once it arrives.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts