Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
what am I doing wrong???

I have a europe SQ4 2016 and went to my dealer to make an update of the maps. They were Europe ALL 2015. He did it this summer, but I saw, it is just 2017 material. He also updated to CTP17. Hence I asked in the forum if there is a limit https://www.ghibliforum.com/threads/europe-map-update.36828/#post326320 - conrad explained me how he did with the links of possible sources.

I need Europe full or at least Western Europe.
I first had a gmapprom.img /gmapsupp.img file and was able to load it. Just plugged it into the USB port and the update procedure started and asked me, if I want to load. I confirmed. But after the update, I noticed, that it is just Europe North. The North ends in the south at the German-Switzerland border line. Hence not usefull for me. I grabed Europe South and now have Switzerland, Italy, etc. The North part is unusable. Almost nothing. So it seems, I can only load 1 map. Either north or south - but living in Switzerland will need both, or at least Western Europe.

So I was able to grab Western Europe. Plugged into the USB port. But the system complains. The map 'CN Europe NTU 2020.20 Western Europe' (-> it can read the map and its content) is not compatible with the actual map 'OEM CN Europe NTU 2017'. Here it says, that the actual map is Europe 2017 (the map of the dealer). When I go into the navi Info, it says, that current map is 'CN Europe NTU 2020.20 ALL South' (my uploaded map).

I tried via dealer menu. Inserted the stick here, but nothing happens. I can read maps '2017'. In the option Garmin Recovery, the system tells me, that I have to insert the DVD/USB stick -> I assume, it expects other files (perhaps the navi SW, not maps).

I have gmapprom.img, gmap3d, JCV, SQLite, SID, ASR but I am unable to load it.
What am I doing wrong?:unsure:

·
Registered
216 Posts
has anybody updated Europe complete (south and north or Western Europe) with unlocked maps (and addl files) himself on a CTP17 system? pls explain in detail how.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The 3D file is for 3D buildings when in a major town etc. I’m not sure if the system has this as I haven’t been to London yet - I live in the countryside.

You certainly don’t need it as I update with just the gmapsupp.img file. No harm including the 3D and jcv (junction view) files as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is the purpose of the 3d.img file do you need to install it.
The 3D file is for 3D buildings when in a major town etc. I’m not sure if the system has this as I haven’t been to London yet - I live in the countryside.

You certainly don’t need it as I update with just the gmapsupp.img file. No harm including the 3D and jcv (junction view) files as well.

Yeh I have installed the gmapsupp.img file. no problem, just can't see how to load the 3d or Jcv files that's all ?

thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I still have major issues. As described above, I have installed South myself but missing north and I cannot make any trips above south. I also lost traffic management, although the subscription is active.
hence I asked my dealer to load again the original maps.
he did that, but the gmapsupp south is still there and navigating over the two maps is not possible.
How can I remove the self installed map?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I still have major issues. As described above, I have installed South myself but missing north and I cannot make any trips above south. I also lost traffic management, although the subscription is active.
hence I asked my dealer to load again the original maps.
he did that, but the gmapsupp south is still there and navigating over the two maps is not possible.
How can I remove the self installed map?
I found out myself the solution..

On http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl I downloaded a map far away from me (I have Europe OEM installed and downloaded New Zealand). Placed the gmapsupp.img onto a USB Stick into folder Garmin. The uconnect successfully loaded the map (which I will never use). With this procedure, I was able to remove (move) the map which I didn't wanted anymore.

I think I can explain..
When I downloaded another gmapsupp.img it was in conflict with the OEM map. The system only accepts gmapsupp -> supplemental (additional) map. It doesn't accept gmapprom.img . Hence I therefore had two routing maps in overlay which doesn't work, except the additional map covers the whole region. In Europe it is not possible, because the supp map cannot be that large. So for all Europe drivers, I do not recommend to load any map.
BTW, only the OEM maps include speed limits, Junction View, ASR, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I have purchased a Maserati Ghibli for the USA so the Touch Control navigation has a map of North America. I would like to change it to a map of Europe. Would that be possible with some sort of update or what could be done?
My Ghibli is with production year 2015.

·
Registered
2015 Masarati Ghibli S Q4
6 Posts
I know I'm soooooo late on this thread, but I think I messed something up during the upgrade to 7.06. After I waited for it to say loading software on the screen it finished and said error. Now I have a half installed navigation with all the icons no words and where the arrows and menu supposed to be it says no image found. All over the place. Mind you this software is from Garmin express. once I took the USB from the car and plugged it in my computer it pulled up my serial number and everything so it's not boot leg what do I do?????

·
Registered
2015 Masarati Ghibli S Q4
6 Posts
Has anyone had issues with fully down loading the update. I followed all the instructions and experienced all the same video screens questions only to be left with screens that shows partial information. The screens show small icons that say "Information not shown". In addition, I see an error message stating "Error on Reflashing" error code: 0x 31A0. Has anyone experienced this issue?
[/QUOTE

Mine has done the same thing

61 - 80 of 102 Posts