Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know I'm soooooo late on this thread, but I think I messed something up during the upgrade to 7.06. After I waited for it to say loading software on the screen it finished and said error. Now I have a half installed navigation with all the icons no words and where the arrows and menu supposed to be it says no image found. All over the place. Mind you this software is from Garmin express. once I took the USB from the car and plugged it in my computer it pulled up my serial number and everything so it's not boot leg what do I do?????
I think 7.06 is a faulty upgrade. I have the exact same issue with the 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know I'm soooooo late on this thread, but I think I messed something up during the upgrade to 7.06. After I waited for it to say loading software on the screen it finished and said error. Now I have a half installed navigation with all the icons no words and where the arrows and menu supposed to be it says no image found. All over the place. Mind you this software is from Garmin express. once I took the USB from the car and plugged it in my computer it pulled up my serial number and everything so it's not boot leg what do I do?????
I finally got it to work by restoring the software using the 7.06 update in Dealer Mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have read this thread multiple times and I still cannot get this. Can someone please walk me from the: https://www.gpsurl.com/garmin-maps/246097-city-navigator-north-america-nt-2020-10-a.html
What do I need to do or download while I am there? Like I am not getting this at all and is really frustrating. I have downloaded WinZip and the Gimgunlock.exe to extract and convert and seems that I go nowhere. Also, I am in CTP17 Software Version: 7.09. The audio changed to Spanish when I updated the firmware couple months ago. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
This only updates the MTC map software version and permits purchase of updated maps. Nothing to do with SiriusXM subscription.
Sadly does not change the requirement to "Accept" each and every time you start the car.
can you please show me step by step process to upgrade map software and where can I purchase updated maps for my 2017sq4 ghibli

·
Registered
205 Posts
can you please show me step by step process to upgrade map software and where can I purchase updated maps for my 2017sq4 ghibli. how can I check if I have the latest version or not? what's the latest version in 2020? how can I check my version

·
Administrator
2,599 Posts
can you please show me step by step process to upgrade map software and where can I purchase updated maps for my 2017sq4 ghibli. how can I check if I have the latest version or not? what's the latest version in 2020? how can I check my version
I ordered mine from this site: Under Chrysler RB5 maps. Once you add your unit ID it will provide instructions for purchase and software update if needed. I just ordered the 2020 maps (USB in mail) and followed Garmin express steps to check that my Nav software (7.09) was the latest version. Follow the provided instructions.

Read this thread to get unit ID and especially the post #48 which reference recent instruction experiences. Note you will create your own Garmin USB on a formatted USB (8 GB or higher) to check and/or update the software via Garmin Express software. The USB that comes in the mail contains the new maps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you ever find a resolution? I have the same issue except I was upgraded to CP17 and Software Version 7.09.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seeing if anyone has done this recently? I followed the steps and when I go to see if there is a new map, it just says "cant communicate with servers". It fount my car and added the device but I can't move on from there.

·
Registered
2015 Masarati Ghibli S Q4
6 Posts
I think 7.06 is a faulty upgrade. I have the exact same issue with the 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4.
I pulled up went to dealer menu and reset to factory settings and it fixed that issue. Just look very closely at the screen. The options are still there but the image is gone. Once you reset it will go back. I've still have not gotten the maps to update to current day. But the software is up to date CP17. Now I need to find a correct map img file to install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good afternoon all
i have a Maserati from 2014, my map is 2014 and I would like to update to nearly one, as 2019 or 2020.
My system
model CTP16
software version 6.10

map OEM CN Europe NTU 2104

i saw on this posts some English people who managed to update, if someone can help me to do that, or I can pay for have the usb post to me , I live in UK

best regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all

i hope someone can help me, I look and read all your post, and I find the website for download the map, but my map is not good, also I am not sure what you need to but of the usb name garmin

I put a pic of what my car said, maybe one of you can let me know witch map need to be downloaded and give the link and also what exactly need to be on the usb.

i hope I am closed to resolved that, I don’t need 2020, i will be please with 2018 or 2019

best regards

alain

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have purchased a Maserati Ghibli for the USA so the Touch Control navigation has a map of North America. I would like to change it to a map of Europe. Would that be possible with some sort of update or what could be done?
My Ghibli is with production year 2015.
Hi I have the same issue only mine is 2018 model year. Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good afternoon
last time I manage to update my map to 2020 but I just drove in France and I do not have France any more, I only had north Europe, can someone explain how I can put north and south europe on the same usb and update this map on my Maserati

best regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! It works great - I just performed the update on my US '14 SQ4.

Apologies about the dust on the screen. ;)

A word to those who are performing the update - when the nav system starts again for the first time, it will sit at the loading screen with a "Software Loading..." prompt at the top of the screen for a LONG time. I didn't time it, but it seemed like it was close to 10 minutes. Just be patient.

Hey I have the Q4 as well. Do you know if they discontinued

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! It works great - I just performed the update on my US '14 SQ4.

Apologies about the dust on the screen. ;)

A word to those who are performing the update - when the nav system starts again for the first time, it will sit at the loading screen with a "Software Loading..." prompt at the top of the screen for a LONG time. I didn't time it, but it seemed like it was close to 10 minutes. Just be patient.

Do you know if they discontinued the update. I’m trying to update my 2014 Q4 and once I plug my usb to my computer and search for update it says there is a problem connecting to the servers

·
Administrator
2,599 Posts
The software update should still be active. The maps you have to purchase through process indicated early in thread.
It could be something on their side ... wouldn't be the first time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found out myself the solution..

On Free worldwide Garmin maps from OpenStreetMap I downloaded a map far away from me (I have Europe OEM installed and downloaded New Zealand). Placed the gmapsupp.img onto a USB Stick into folder Garmin. The uconnect successfully loaded the map (which I will never use). With this procedure, I was able to remove (move) the map which I didn't wanted anymore.

I think I can explain..
When I downloaded another gmapsupp.img it was in conflict with the OEM map. The system only accepts gmapsupp -> supplemental (additional) map. It doesn't accept gmapprom.img . Hence I therefore had two routing maps in overlay which doesn't work, except the additional map covers the whole region. In Europe it is not possible, because the supp map cannot be that large. So for all Europe drivers, I do not recommend to load any map.
BTW, only the OEM maps include speed limits, Junction View, ASR, etc.
dear richu

can you explain how you manage to have north and south Europe, because I am lost with that at the moment, I manage to download north , fine because live in Uk but because I am french , I go in holiday in france, and I would like france and spain map also

regards

81 - 100 of 102 Posts