Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am relitvly new into ownership of my 07 QP Sport GT (about 6 months) but had a Ghibli SQ4 as a loaner car and was impressed.

I have seen some quite good lease deals for a base Ghibli (one just over and one just under $500 per month) and was wondering what people here think about the base Ghibli vs the QP.

While i think the OG QP is better looking having a new car under warrenty is appealing.

My thinking is i can get the Ghibli for what i am paying on my financed QP now and not have to deal with any of the additional maintenace and repair work that comes up frequently on my 07.

then in 3 years when my lease is up if the Ghibli has proven to be a reliable car i should be able to purchase a SQ4 for around $40k based on residuals i am seeing.

has any one done this and if so what has the experience been?

Also does any know if the QP/ GT wheels will fit on the Ghibli?

Thanks

Mutant

·
Registered
15 Posts
I owned an 06 QP duo select and now have a base ghibli, the only thing that was better in the QP was pick up from a standing start and rear leg room(which I never worried about). From a look point of view, and this still goes for the new QP, I think the apparent lower stance of the car gives it a better presence on the road.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. other than off the line how does the performance and handling compare?

Also what are your thought on the infotainment system and overall packaging. the rear may have a bit less room but the trunk and fold down seats in the ghibli look to be a major plus in livability.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
First let me say I am no racing driver. The performance and handling are every bit as good if not a little better, the supportiveness of the seats make driving on twisty roads a much better experience.

The uconnect infotainment is a huge step up from the old qp, I think there is a thread which posted links to the manuals. I only have the base sound system which for me is more than adequate see other threads for views of people who are more into there sound systems.

I would say go drive one if you haven't already, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is precisely the reason why I decided to buy a new ghibli. The upkeep of the OG QP is just astronomical. I had the worst luck with my QP. I had to rebuild the engine 4 times. Really was a huge money pit. But I still love the car. Anyways I did consider buying the new Quattroporte, but I liked the lines of the New Ghibli instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts