Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to advise - Just had my car serviced (2015 Ghibli), and they noticed both bushes on the lower suspension arms are split, causing the tyres to wear badly on the inside edge.

The cost to replace the arms is pretty eye wateringly expensive, so I wondered if anyone knew if the bushes were available elsewhere on their own, or if there's another solution?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you’ve never replaced them before I am surprised those lasted this long. You would have been getting some clunking noise up front for some time?!

I believe a new and improved replacement part with better bushings were made available in 2017 or so. Unfortunately afaik bushings are not sold separately and the arm has to be replaced.

I’d love to hear if anyone ( or there mechanics) had better luck replacing bushing with say polyurethane versions

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Strangely there's no clunking whatsoever. The mechanic showed my pictures of the bushes and they did look very split. I've only had the car a year, so not sure if they've ever been replaced unfortunately.

I'm wondering if having the wheels aligned will help with the tyre wear on the inside edge, or if it's inevitable with the worn bushes?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link. I've actually ordered some that look the same as those (I'm in the UK), so hopefully they will do the trick!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts