Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having trouble filling up the tank at the gas station due to the gas nozzle prematurely stopping without the tank being full? It’s been lately happening and I’m not sure if something inside the gas tank is malfunctioning and not recognizing the gas nozzle.

Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble filling up the tank at the gas station due to the gas nozzle prematurely stopping without the tank being full? It’s been lately happening and I’m not sure if something inside the gas tank is malfunctioning and not recognizing the gas nozzle.

Any advice would be appreciated
Whilst it's clearly been a while since this post was started, I too today had a similar issue. Usually I fill my car when near empty, however today I filled when the tank was 3/4 full and experienced the same issue, where the tank won't completely fill.
I have had this issue was previous cars, and I think it may be due to air getting trapped in the tank.
By the way, my car is the diesel model.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi kns8y,
I have a Diesel too, I have noticed that if the car is slightly leaning towards the filler cap side or backwards, I cannot fill up right to the top.
However if it is leaning towards the front and away from the filling cap side, I can put a lot more in.

Careful too, some DRV (we call it Gasoil in France) does not have anti foam in it, and the froth generated occupies a good volume of the tank, let it settle form 15sec then continue filling to see if you can put more in.

The petrol version seem to have issues with a vapor canister of some sort I believe, I don't think we have it, but not sure.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Since I've (very happily btw) owned that car, I've found out that the only way to fill the tank without the noozle prematurely stopping (sometimes only a few litres after start of refill) is by handling it fully upside down: rotate the handle 180°, hold it handle up, and noozle neck down, then insert into the tank opening. Early stopping happens in all gas stations without that, in none with that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts