Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
"BTW, what does adjuster next to dimmer on light switch do - the one on right."
Here is what the manual says - not sure I totally understand it!
Product Motor vehicle Font Line Automotive lighting

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Number

·
Registered
179 Posts
Also...I think the mystery has been solved...the automatic headlight leveling is available only on the Xenon headlights in the United States, not the Full LED headlights. Shrug.
Product Font Screenshot Electric blue Multimedia

·
Registered
4 Posts
@svelte I know that this adjuster controls headlight height - at least on US/EU 25W xenon headlights. I was wondering what it does on LED headlights or they just left it there instead of putting blank cover.

·
Registered
179 Posts
"I was wondering what id does on LED headlights"

See page 119 above, third column. "allows minimum to maximum brightness tuning of the front dome light LED and the night lighting."

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes, the “only on xenon headlights” is indicating the switch is only present for non-adaptive xenon headlights. It is to adjust the headlights up-down aim to compensate for loads as to not blind oncoming traffic if you have a heavily loader rear passenger seat and trunk.
2017 and earlier upgraded xenon headlight equipped cars do not have the switch as they do this, along with swiveling, automatically.
For the automatically adjustable xenon equipped cars, and all 2018+ cars equipped with the LED headlights, the switch is still present, but functions as the interior ambient light brightness control instead. This will control how bright the lights behind the door handles are, along with the footwell lights. A lot of info in the manuals are poorly written, and poorly translated in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
@Mjewett @svelte as far as I remember in US automatic vertical headlight adjustment is not mandatory. You can check if you have height sensors on suspension installed - look on right side front and rear suspension. Sensor looks like this:
View attachment 22068
As for left/right movement during driving if it's not working - ask dealer to perform headlight calibration. This should fix it.

@Geoffrey Fake in EU DRLs are mandatory that's why we don't have menu to disable it infotainment and no "0" on light switch.
BTW, what does adjuster next to dimmer on light switch do - the one on right.
The 2 switch on the right are for interior lights dimming

And indeed I gave front back the sensors in the suspension...I though they were for in case of accidents for airbag or something

21 - 26 of 26 Posts