Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there gone for/ going for GAP insurance on the Ghibli?

Waiting to see what dealer can offer me, but already found one broker quote which seems very reasonable.

My comprehensive car insurance will give me "new for old" if the car is written off in the first year. The GAP quote I have is for four years, payable within 105 days of taking delivery of the car, but can then be deferred until a year has elapsed. So if there is no write off in the first 12 months, the GAP insurance cover rolls on for years 2-5. It can also be extented up to year 8 if required.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.

I haven't got any details of that yet, but the basic deal does seem very reasonable. Need to get my Ghibli order in today and get a delivery date before I have to worry about the insurance side of things.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes.

I haven't got any details of that yet, but the basic deal does seem very reasonable. Need to get my Ghibli order in today and get a delivery date before I have to worry about the insurance side of things.
Definitely keep us posted on that, i'd like to know what the details are.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My GAP was like $250 TOTAL for the life of the loan. I'm part of a credit union so it's just an added perk they offer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow!

I can't beat that in UK pounds. My quote is £272 for four years (Return to Invoice) or £297 (Replacement cost).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Order placed today.

Managed to get onto a stock order and change it to my spec. Was told it was the last stock order available where the spec could be changed without having to start with a fresh order.

It puts me about a month ahead of starting from scratch.

One thing - I've gone for the Sport pack on the diesel which means Skyhook isn't an option. Saved me over £2K so just hope it performs as well as the demo that I drove with Skyhook.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts