Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just leased my SQ4 and the dealership did not offer gap insurance. When I called my insurance company, they told me that they did not offer it and I had to buy it directly from the dealership. I was tired of waiting for the car, so I just drove off the lot without gap insurance.

Anybody else have issues with finding someone that would provide gap insurance?

The dealership I leased from seems to be going through some changes on the Maserati side; they also sell another luxury brand. This might be why they weren't offering gap insurance.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
480 Posts
That is interesting. Check your state law. Here in NJ GAP insurance must be calculated in with the lease payments. My GAP insurance is covered and provided by the leasing company.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Newsflash to me.. i thought you bought the car... i mean financed it.. didnt knew up till now you leased it... :eek:

No I got a better deal through Putnam leasing and the GAP was included there...

·
Registered
480 Posts
When you own your own business it makes zero sense to purchase when you can write off the lease payments....you lease then when the lease is up you pay the residual if you want to purchase the car outright and you have four years of deductions...I plan to buy the car at the end of the lease term. That's why I XPel wrapped it....

·
Registered
80 Posts
i thought you bought the car... i mean financed it.. didnt knew up till now you leased it... :eek:
I did lease as well. The reason is let me test the car, and see how it goes in a long run. On the side note in 3 years technology would be even further up and maybe Ghibli even better, than I will make my choice. Buy the leased car or switch to a newer model. We will see.

FoxBeat

Reactions: doubledeetob

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
2018 Maserati Roadmap

Exactly my rationale - if I like the car and the sound system issues are worked out I would look to purchase the proposed 2018 >:D

DD

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts