Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's post the mileage thus far with each model (not that it matters:))

So far 600 miles Ghibli S Q4, in Sport) is getting about 13.5 all around, 90% city.

On highway, with I.C.E. setting I get 23

·
Registered
84 Posts
wow you drove a lot already! I'm at 1300 miles, averaging 16 mpg. I have sport mode on driving on surface streets and deactivate it on the highway. Have never touched the I.C.E. setting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for starting a thread on this topic.

I of course didn't/wouldn't buy a Maserati for mpg :)

This is good info for me to know, just to compare, my 07 QP in Sport mode gives me 13.5 in 100% city, on 93 octane.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It will also help to be specific about your driving style and just about anything you can think of that would factor into the number you got.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I meant 600 miles not 6000. I do drive with a heavy foot but tried to use the "ecometer" to purposely try to economize. Little difference if you are stuck in traffic. Clearly, this car is meant to be driven in sport, manual and it is thirsty but as they say...if you have to ask, you cant afford it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
13.5 is a bit under where I was hoping to see mpg numbers for the Ghibli. I thought it would be getting something more like 15 or 16 mpg generally. Are most people driving in cities or do some people do a lot of highway driving?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I drive (sq4) mostly in normal mode with a mix of city and interstate driving, both high and low traffic, about 60 miles / day. I average ~19mpg.

·
Registered
324 Posts
In CA we have to suffer through 91 octane fuel... so at least your cars are better performing!

·
Registered
49 Posts
After 2000 miles, I'm at 21.7 mpg, in the SQ4. That represents about 25% city, 75% highway. I use Sport mode in the city and I.C.E on the highway. I always use cruise control. The real-time mpg gauge usually shows 28 - 30 mpg on flat stretches of highway.

As a side-note, I've been running the 20" Continentals at 37 psi. I chose that pressure because they run at around 40 psi when warm. I may need to adjust that as we've had a few 90 deg days.

·
Registered
140 Posts
As a side-note, I've been running the 20" Continentals at 37 psi. I chose that pressure because they run at around 40 psi when warm. I may need to adjust that as we've had a few 90 deg days.
I also have the 20" Conti's, and while set for 37 all around have noticed pressures in the 40-41 range when warm. How much do you plan to adjust?

I do mostly city driving, with longer trips every so often. I wonder if I ought to set my pressures lower; that might also help with some of the cold tire scrubbing I've been having.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't want the pressure to exceed 42 psi. It's just an artificial limit I set to provide a margin of error on really hot (100+ deg) days. Do you notice that even though all tires are set to the same pressure, the front tires always run about 1 psi higher when warm? It's probably due to the smaller volume.

So as not to hijack the thread... I got into the habit of running high pressure, with our hybrid, to improve mpg.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I drive in sport mode on all city driving and get 12-14 mpg, but really not any long distances. I race from stop light to stop light. My wife gets avg. 18 on a mix of city and short highway in standard mode, she uses sport for sound thrill. So far 650 mi. in 7 weeks. We are retired. Will take first road trip to LA end of month, will probably put on 700 mi. total. We have base model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What Octane fuel are most of you using in the Ghibli? The dealership told me I am fine to use 87, but that just feels off, so I have been using 89.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm using premium, because I read in a couple of places that premium was required. I would sure like to know if I can use regular.

·
Administrator
2,265 Posts
My gas mileage is proportional to my driving spirit, (high spirit, low MPG). The only constant is highway from 60 -120 MPH I seem to get 21-23 MPG.

Interesting ... My S-Q4 lists unleaded with a minimum octane of 95!! I've been using 93 octane and rarely see 95 or higher like the days of Sunoco 260 with 102 octane.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts