Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Ghibli in early March, and was quoted a delivery date to port (Newark) of May 12th, which seemed very quick -- too quick as it turns out. The car is currently in build stage "10", meaning they have not started building it, with projected "gate release" date of June, meaning it is shipped from the factory on that date, according to my dealer.

Was anyone who has taken delivery of a Ghibli that you ordered quoted a similar "gate release" date, and if so, how accurate was it? The dealer is telling me not to expect much; that in their experience there is really no way to predict when a car will be built except by waiting for it to be completed.

That said, others here seem to be getting their cars more or less on the promised dates, so I'm trying to figure out whether the dealer is just making excuses.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never got build stages but I got my car exactly 8 weeks from the date my order was accepted by Italy. Good Luck!!
It sounds like you were pretty lucky -- 8 weeks in, they have not even started building my car, from what I can tell...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Not sure where you are located. I ordered from Maserati of Manhattan..........other countries could be a whole different story

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boston, ordered from Herb Chambers. I bought my previous BMW from them and the service was OK but I have to say the guy I am dealing with at the Maserati dealership is pretty bad. It takes multiple calls over a period of days or weeks to get simple answers from him. If I could cancel the order and switch to another dealer I would.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you're that unhappy, call another dealer. World wide in NY is great. I found out that the orders may be reallocated or another car may hit the shores you want they can get allocated by Maserati NA because they sell so many units. I am in south/central Jersey and use them. You're in Boston but call my dealer, I can't believe how much they bent over backwards to make this the easiest and best purchase. Just call to ask, can't hurt....

Shimon at World wide in Spring Valley NY 888-502-3890, ext 344 or cell 201-926-0926. I would recommend anyone unless I really believed in their ability and these guys are great.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Definitely find a new dealer.
Any good dealer will see if there is a similar car out there or on the way over and have it re-allocated to their dealership for you.
My dealership found almost exactly what I wanted was on it's way over and I had my car in less than a month versus 3-4 months to order.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Tom Toomey of Maserati of Manhatten did right by me...........I can never understand why dealers would act this way...........

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would like some thoughts as I am frustrated that I received no word on the delivery date of my vehicle which I custom ordered from the factory.

When I called my salesman, he said that there is still no word from Maserati.

This is not so promising as I am still in 20 maybe 30 status.

I told him to let me know ASAP when I can expect my car as I would like to enjoy it part of the summer, hopefully by the end of June beginning of July.

Another dealer called me yesterday to say that a vehicle was cancelled and could be made available to me.

It has around 6 k extras such as b and w sound, 20 inch rims which mine does not have on the vehicle i built.

He also said he would match the lease payment which I was given for a 91k MSRP on order.

This vehicle is $97,300. I am contemplating if I should just wait it out or cancel my car and go with this one.

It has blue brake calipers and gray alcantera roof liner. The car I built has red brake calipers and black alcantera for the roof liner but that's not a big deal to live without.

Also the car doesn't have all season tires on the 20 inch wheels where the one I ordered are 19 inch w all season on them from the factory. I prefer the 19 inch since I live in NYC and the potholes will kill the rims and tires. He did say I could purchase all season tires at an additional cost. (Cost tbd)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
480 Posts
The big issue is will your Ghibli be a 2015 with all the issues ironed out or is the one being pushed a 2014? Remember the Europeans close down in August so a delay may result in a bit longer than you anticipated. But the upside is any issues may be resolved by your build date.

I waited until I get what I wanted. I know it's a tough wait. Good luck whatever you do.

Steve

·
Registered
278 Posts
The big issue is will your Ghibli be a 2015 with all the issues ironed out or is the one being pushed a 2014? Remember the Europeans close down in August so a delay may result in a bit longer than you anticipated. But the upside is any issues may be resolved by your build date.

I waited until I get what I wanted. I know it's a tough wait. Good luck whatever you do.

Steve
True, I rather should wait a month than getting the 2014 version.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
After Steve's gallery post the many days I have still to wait for any sight of my 2015 seems like forever - so I understand the desire to be mobile over the Summer.

Given the reputation of our dealer, I would not want to switch at this point for a 2014; a car not spec'd out the way I truly want; or to a dealer that I have no 'feel' for.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

DD

BTW: I was looking forward to a WWF group shot with you and Steve - no pressure though LOL -

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's a later production 2014 not 2015 but I agree that many of the issues will be updated when in production while the one that the other dealer has is an earlier 2014 model already at the port.

Thanks for your guidance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered a Ghibli in early March, and was quoted a delivery date to port (Newark) of May 12th, which seemed very quick -- too quick as it turns out. The car is currently in build stage "10", meaning they have not started building it, with projected "gate release" date of June, meaning it is shipped from the factory on that date, according to my dealer.
Update: my car should be released from the factory next week, hopefully ready to be delivered a month later (1st or 2nd week of July). So the gate release date appears to have been accurate, and I got lucky and ended up at the beginning of the window (first week of June) rather than the end of it.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Tease!

DD

1 - 20 of 35 Posts