Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ghibli diesel 2015 and I drove ultimately a new Ghibli 2016, I've noticed that the engine have been boosted and there is much punch even if in normal mode.
Do you know if we can upgrade to this new performance ?

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
279 Posts
The short answer to your question is "no". You can add a Diesel tuning chip but this wouldn't be the same thing. The new engine has been modified and an Adblue tank mounted in the boot to reduce emissions.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Can a diesel Ghibli actually be boosted by ECU tuning or any other method?
Hi Charlesa,

Yes we can boost it, no probs, I've done mine, plus another Ghibli and a Levante.
We get roughly 320BHP and 680Nm, the best is that we extended the torque in the rev range, so no more impression that the engine is running out of power around 3400RPM.
She happily carries on till 4200.
The sales rep and the tech were I bought it tried it, they were fairly surprised how smooth it was, and that it keep going up in the revs.
I've also installed a Maxhaust system, I don't have the impression to drive a Diesel anymore. ;-)

The ECU is password protected so it has to be done out of the car on the bench.
We don't have to open it though.

Contact me by MP if you want more info.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Peter,
The gearbox is rated 700Nm, so going up to 680Nm or a tad above will not be a problem.
Like always with Diesel, you have to be careful of the DPF, too much fuel and you run the risk of clogging it up.
The main issue is that the engine start to regulate too early, 3200-3400, when driving in sport mode you always need to manually change gear before the car does, because of that, it's annoying.
With our remap she keeps going till the car changes on its own.
The engine block is strong on these engines.
I've heard of Pogea before, at €900 they are not cheap.:(

Contact me by MP if you want more info, on what we do.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts