Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Ghibli 2017 with around 20000 to 30000 miles. I need to know what to expect for repairs and maintenance.

Can anybody tell me how reliable this car is?
Are there any major problems I should expect after 80000 miles?
What should I expect for common minor problems?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought my 2016 S more than half a year ago at 24k miles and now I've done 10k miles. Zero issues so far and the warranty covers a LOT more than I ever expected (replaced a ton of interior trim and the sunroof for free). Not sure about 80k miles but apparently some people tuned their Ghibli and are doing fine going over 100k miles. Minor problems in the 16 would be interior noises (which the my dealer promptly fixed for free) but nothing about the drivetrain. The 17 is a facelift and I bet the quality control is even better.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am curious to know as well as I am taking delivery on a 2017 this week. SQ4 with 29k miles CPO and and thinking about adding the extra year of CPO for $1500.

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
I am curious to know as well as I am taking delivery on a 2017 this week. SQ4 with 29k miles CPO and and thinking about adding the extra year of CPO for $1500.
CPO should take you to 6 years / 100K mile? Are you indicating the are offering a 7th year for $1500?

·
Registered
425 Posts
CPO should take you to 6 years / 100K mile? Are you indicating the are offering a 7th year for $1500?
Factory is 4 years, certified adds one year to that. You have the option to buy the 6th year for $1500. I bought it yesterday.

My in service date is 11/16, factory goes to 11/20. Certified brings it to 11/21. Paying for the extra year brings it to 11/22.

I too was surprised at the base CPO being only one year. I’m a BMW guy and used to CPO adding 2 years to the factory for a total of 6.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not aware of any 1 year CPO options. Are you certain it wasn't just an extended warranty? One of the Seattle-area Maserati dealers sells an extended warranty from Mopar with options like that, but it isn't CPO and doesn't carry the same coverage.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm not aware of any 1 year CPO options. Are you certain it wasn't just an extended warranty? One of the Seattle-area Maserati dealers sells an extended warranty from Mopar with options like that, but it isn't CPO and doesn't carry the same coverage.
Positive. The extra year is directly through Maserati and is attached to the car/vin just like the factory warranty and the CPO extension. I have been in the market for a Ghibli for a while now and talked to many dealers, looked at many cars, and reviewed records. Unless they are all lying to me, I have data sheets on non-CPO cars still under original warranty and the same for CPO. "Certified" Maserati dealer cars come with one year added to the factory with unlimited miles. A certified vehicle is "up 6 years with unlimited miles". I questioned my dealer on all of this and the way it was explained is that a car can be certified for the additional year to two years. Maserati covers the 1st year on a car that has been certified for 2, but the buyer pays $1500 for the second. I don't love this either.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just called Maserati North America and they validated this. "Certified" in Maserati speak, only means it passed their 120 point inspection and is "Eligible" for "Up to" two more years of coverage. In my case (and all the other dealers in my area) the dealer adds the 5th (foots the bill I guess, which I wouldn't think the dealer would have to, so I question this) and if the car is "eligible" for the 6th year, buyer pays $1500 for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts