Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Need some serious help My ghibli A/C IS BLOWING HOT AIR . have had the car for about a month with only 600 miles on it .

Yesterday morning when I started the car hot air is blowing and I have no idea what to do. I restarted and even drove the car around but nothing Is working ..given that its 40'C outside did not want to kill myself in the heat in the car.

The only Maserati dealership in he country is shut down for the Eid holidays for another 7-8 day so I am so screwed. Of course the car is under warranty but anyone know what could be going on??

help

·
Registered
863 Posts
Unfortunately nothing can be done right now.There is a service bulletin update for the HVAC issue which seems to fix this.

But this can be more then that, as some other people have reported this issue and for some it was the wrong refrigerant and they had to get it changed.

Your best bet is that it gets fixed by itself or wait for the dealer to get open..

By the way.. 7-8 days of holidays.. which part of the world do you live in exactly.. ??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Must say i'm not sure if my A/C works 100% correctly, most of the tme i have to put it on 17°c to get some cold air, when I start te car it say's 21 but thats too hot. And if i change it to 19 or 20 it still blows hot air.

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
One of the 4 software updates addresses the AC as flamingwicky mentions. Mine used to get hung up and not blow cold air ... fully resolved with software fix. There was also one reported case of defective diverter valve.

The wrong refrigerant discussion thread seemed strange ... didn't make complete sense.

When mine got hung up, I was able to turn off the climate control and restart to get cold air. Prior to the fix it would occasionally blow air through the defroster not the front vents.

If your getting no cooling at all coming from the front vents, it might be more than the software fix.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine did this and it was a pressure switch on the AC compressor. I believe others have had the same problem. I don't know the fix, but they fixed it while I was waiting (I'm guessing they replaced the switch.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok folks so since the dealership opened up this morning I was their in a flash.

Here is the explanation I got

The pressure particles in the A/C were charged or configured for Italian weather conditions ( refrigerant) and they should have checked this and actually configured it for much hotter conditions (where I live in the Middle east).
Due to this the reassure switch or sensor on the ac compressor basically tripped off.

They say they will do a clean sweep and fix it today and have the car ready by tomorrow.

I AM still not sure why I would have to face this issue since its a new car and not even a month old with about 1000 km.

I just think the dealer or factory forgot to set it up right the first time.

Lets see what happens I get the car tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The pressure particles in the A/C were charged or configured for Italian weather conditions
I just think the dealer or factory forgot to set it up right the first time.
Did they mention the fairies under hood have to be fed? That could be the cause too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts