Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all am thinking about changing the colour of my alloys to possibly black metallic grey. what are you thoughts any ideas welcome pictures etc also want to colour my calipers 馃 again any ideas please
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Maserati

Registered
2016 Ghibli, 2019 VW Golf GTI
As everyone has different taste & ideas I guess you need to make the decision in the end, but here are my thoughts.

First, yours is the only Ghibli I have seen with the Alfieri non staggered 18" wheels & I think they are rather nice. I like the large centre caps with the trident...with all other optioned wheels the cap is considerably smaller & the trident logo doesn't stand out at all. I'm not a fan of black wheels. In my opinion they look like one big tyre, there's no definition, but that doesn't mean there aren't options.

I've seen some nice gunmetal grey finishes which just takes the edge off the 'raw' alloy colour & also seen some goldish grey finishes that I've liked. I think if you go for completely black then some chrome deletions give a better balanced look. The window surround chrome would be an obvious one & maybe even the door handles. I would leave the three air outlet grills behind the front wheel.

I had a difficult time choosing wheels when I ordered mine & it came down to a combination of comfort & looks. I liked the 21" wheels but there was a noticeable degrade in ride quality over the 19" & 20" variety. As I'm not a racing driver I settled for the 19" Proteo option. These are a combination of bright & grey which I'm happy with.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

I went with matt grey callipers....I guess I'm rather conservative in my choices. I quite like the yellow callipers with black, also there is a nice dark blue. Red is a little common as all the S models here came with red. We don't get the Q4 model which I believe the default is red also.

Anyway just a few thoughts & good luck with your choices & look forward to seeing some pics of it when done.

Administrator
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Here is my stock set-up. I went with the 20" Urano and Red Calipers which I run for 6 months.

Below is my second 6-month set-up after adding another layer of GTechniq on car and Black Pearl on tires.. I like to change things up. So these are 20" RT-6 Rims in Gun Metal Gray. Even though red is common, I liked the combo with Grigio Mareata.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

You really can't go wrong ...

Good Luck!!!

Reactions: ccalvo6890

Registered
2016 Ghibli, 2019 VW Golf GTI
Hi BeerGuy....your choice of the RT-6 rims is the nicest set up I've seen on a Ghibli & the red callipers really do suit the Grigio Mareata. The reflection in the paint work looks like a lake on a calm day.......which prompts me that mine is probably due for another proffesional detail & re-application.

A credit to you & a fine example of how a 2014 can look after 7 years. As a matter of interest, what milage has it covered ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As everyone has different taste & ideas I guess you need to make the decision in the end, but here are my thoughts.

First, yours is the only Ghibli I have seen with the Alfieri non staggered 18" wheels & I think they are rather nice. I like the large centre caps with the trident...with all other optioned wheels the cap is considerably smaller & the trident logo doesn't stand out at all. I'm not a fan of black wheels. In my opinion they look like one big tyre, there's no definition, but that doesn't mean there aren't options.

I've seen some nice gunmetal grey finishes which just takes the edge off the 'raw' alloy colour & also seen some goldish grey finishes that I've liked. I think if you go for completely black then some chrome deletions give a better balanced look. The window surround chrome would be an obvious one & maybe even the door handles. I would leave the three air outlet grills behind the front wheel.

I had a difficult time choosing wheels when I ordered mine & it came down to a combination of comfort & looks. I liked the 21" wheels but there was a noticeable degrade in ride quality over the 19" & 20" variety. As I'm not a racing driver I settled for the 19" Proteo option. These are a combination of bright & grey which I'm happy with.

View attachment 21844

I went with matt grey callipers....I guess I'm rather conservative in my choices. I quite like the yellow callipers with black, also there is a nice dark blue. Red is a little common as all the S models here came with red. We don't get the Q4 model which I believe the default is red also.

Anyway just a few thoughts & good luck with your choices & look forward to seeing some pics of it when done.
Thank you for that I do like your alloys, very nice.
Am not sure I like my alloys
I am swaying to a gun metal grey. And I agree the calipers 馃 maybe blue .
View attachment 21856
Here is my stock set-up. I went with the 20" Urano and Red Calipers which I run for 6 months.

Below is my second 6-month set-up after adding another layer of GTechniq on car and Black Pearl on tires.. I like to change things up. So these are 20" RT-6 Rims in Gun Metal Gray. Even though red is common, I liked the combo with Grigio Mareata.
View attachment 21857

You really can't go wrong ...

Good Luck!!!
Wow love the alloys 馃グ I think I'll go for the gun metal and blue calipers 馃 .
Thanks for your pictures both stunning 馃槉

Administrator
Hi BeerGuy....your choice of the RT-6 rims is the nicest set up I've seen on a Ghibli & the red callipers really do suit the Grigio Mareata. The reflection in the paint work looks like a lake on a calm day.......which prompts me that mine is probably due for another proffesional detail & re-application.

A credit to you & a fine example of how a 2014 can look after 7 years. As a matter of interest, what milage has it covered ?
Very short distance to work and than working from home. And really only drive on nice days. 16,800 Miles

Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Mine came with the black calipers. I like the subtle look, with is why I love the grigio. (In 2018, the SQ4 GranSports came with red calipers.) I toyed with a ceramic finish but tried Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic, applied after a claybarring. It has plenty of shine and the car is smoother than a baby's ass.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Maserati

Even I bought the SQ4 planning to use it in the winter, I love the car so much it has become a fair-weather road queen (like my Crossfires) and I kept my 2011 Audi A4 as the winter beater. As such, since March 2020 when I picked up the car NEW, it has just over 22,000 miles.

Reactions: BeerGuy

Registered
Hi all am thinking about changing the colour of my alloys to possibly black metallic grey. what are you thoughts any ideas welcome pictures etc also want to colour my calipers 馃 again any ideas please View attachment 21840
I think black wheels on either the 18 or 19 inch wheels is a huge bonus! It can really make the wheels look much bigger!

Just make sure they are powder coated !

my 19inch have just been freshly coated in black

good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts