1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati Ghibli to make dynamic debut | Autocar

Autocar said:
BMW 5-series rival set to take to the hill at the Goodwood Festival of Speed

The new Maserati Ghibli saloon is being given its world dynamic debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

The Ghibli, based around a shortened version of the new Maserati Quattroporte's architecture and intended as a glamorous alternative to the BMW 5-series, will launch in the UK later this year.

Engines in the line-up include a turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine with either 326bhp or a 404bhp, or, in a first for Maserati, a 271bhp 3.0-litre V6 turbodiesel that's expected to account for the bulk of sales.

All Ghiblis come with an eight-speed paddle-shift ZF transmission, multilink rear suspension and double wishbones up front, Maserati’s electronically controlled Skyhook dampers, a limited-slip differential, Brembo brakes and hydraulically assisted steering.

All benefit from 50:50 weight distribution, a model-for-model kerb weight 50kg lighter than the Quattroporte and a 0.31 drag coefficient.

The volume-selling diesel model has been priced from £48,830.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Ghibli is a respectable car to the Maserati lineup. The front end follows the trademark characteristics of the current day Maseratis.

I'm not too fond of the rear of the Ghibli but I have yet to see one in person.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's a great detailing job...the paint looks so wet. Argggh I might have to go back to Grigio Maratea, my sales rep is gonna kill me.
This is the dilemma for me - I (think I) love Grigio Maratea (haven't seen it for real though). But I have had several cars a similar colour, so would like White.
But I love the Sabbia(?) interior which won't go with white. Also love Blue Emozione but I know most cars in this price range are difficult to sell in this colour. I remember a 911 that looked stunning in a similar colour. It also stood in the dealers for months......................
So it's probably Grigio Maratea/sabbia or White/Rosso if I do go ahead after a test drive.
I'm a bit surprised of the lack of pre-publicity in the UK for the car being at Goodwood. I believe their is a Ghibli in London around now, but haven't seen any info on the dealer sites.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a bit surprised of the lack of pre-publicity in the UK for the car being at Goodwood. I believe their is a Ghibli in London around now, but haven't seen any info on the dealer sites.
Quite a contrast to Fiat's other division over at Alfa Romeo, which have successfully hyped the Alfa Romeo 4C's debut at Goodwood. Complete with press release, media invitations, etc. To think both companies are divisions of Fiat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts