Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im very close to putting down a deposit on Ghibli and leaning towards configuration of the Bianco Alpi exterior with the extended red and black interior... but also have the more classic traditional look of the Blue emiozone with the tan brown and black interior in the back of my mind...

The problem being that my dealer doesnt have ghibli in either of these 2 colour configs so cant see for myself before I put down deposit...

Any help ? anybody seen either ?

Thanx and looking forward to your responses !¨

SwissGhibli

·
Registered
258 Posts
This car will look awesome in white. The proportions and design elements are very grand, so it will look very elegant.

I am going for the Blue Emozione as well, since I've never had a blue car and photos of the blue one that I've seen is quite nice.

The Blue Passione is a much darker blue and will look almost black at night.

All that said, the white looks better for this car if you are up for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for your thoughts Nova !

Yip I also think that the bianco alpi will suit car since it will bring out all the lines and design shape of the car... If it is done as I imagine it.. Like i said, saw a ferrari in supposedly the same white and was awesome..

However if its not all that different i might go with the classic blue emozione, always gorgeous on a maser.

What are you guys doing for the wheels ? Think im going 20 as a compromise for snow and summer... Those 21s are amazing but think quite expensive for 6 months ? :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx Ghibli111, guess the dealer either not sure either then or he is trying anything for a sale :)
How would you describe the bianco alpi ? Is it just a sharp white ? Does it have a different aspect to it ? Would really be interested to hear your input !

Thanx guys

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have to go with the deep blue color. I'm not such a fan of white vehicles. All the dirt shows on them and it is such a common color. White, silver and black is like every 9/10 vehicles on the road.

Sure blue is kinda common too, but I love the look of it on the Ghibli.

Blue with the brown leather seats on the inside and silver brake calipers. Yes please!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Culverwood - yes i think 19 would be a very practical option and I was also thinking to take them however the only 19 inch design that I liked - Proteo - was decided not to be pushed into final production.... And with the 21 design suiting the car well - but quite expensive and not practical in snow, and possibly hard driving... I think I will have to compromise for the 20s..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, the Ghibli is sort of a hot rod. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a custom car, but it does have more personality than other cars in its price/class. I would say 19" are a good cross between all the various factors of cost, looks, comfort, ride, handling, and etc.

The 18"s don't look bad, but 50 series tires? That's going to look odd on a big sedan like this.

Throughout the years, cars have gotten bigger and bigger wheels. I remember when it was tough to find a shop that would even work on 17" rims because most cars had 15 or 16" rims. But these days, when even a Toyota Camry comes with 17" 55-series tires, a 19" rim with 40/45-series tires on a car like the Ghibli is very normal. In fact, I would gladly give up a couple of the other options just to get the 19" wheels if cost was an issue. Maserati should have made 19" rims standard on this vehicle in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Culverwood - yes i think 19 would be a very practical option and I was also thinking to take them however the only 19 inch design that I liked - Proteo - was decided not to be pushed into final production.... And with the 21 design suiting the car well - but quite expensive and not practical in snow, and possibly hard driving... I think I will have to compromise for the 20s..
I am sorry, what? The Proteo rims have been eliminated? Can you share your source for this information? My dealer confirmed my build with Maserati and they did not mention anything about the Proteo being unavailable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am sorry, what? The Proteo rims have been eliminated? Can you share your source for this information? My dealer confirmed my build with Maserati and they did not mention anything about the Proteo being unavailable.
Hi Nova.. Yip thats what my dealer said when I wanted to order them ? Dont know, could it just be in Swiss ? I specifically asked him because I really like those wheels - similar style to the 21s but more practical. Also believe 19 should have been standard...

He told me that there it was from an order booklet that was not updated and that the wheels on the online config and the official brochure - which he gave me is only finalized choices... Would love him to be wrong tho... In official brochure I only have Alferi 18, Vulcano 18, Poseidone 19, urano 20/ standard or polished and titano 21 forged....

Perhaps if your dealer confirms that its availible I can try question mine again ?... That will be good news ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just my opinion, i will not run on 20" in winter if you have snow in your region and of course winter pneumatic price are higher than summer. 19" winter pneumatic are pretty much same price as summer 20". This kind of car merit to have nice wheels in summer and winter. I don't like the 20" design ... Another option is to ask if you can adapt Granturismo 20" wheels on the Ghibli :

2 superb design ...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Nova.. Yip thats what my dealer said when I wanted to order them ? Dont know, could it just be in Swiss ? I specifically asked him because I really like those wheels - similar style to the 21s but more practical. Also believe 19 should have been standard...
Fingers crossed... The US official price sheet dated 8/5/2013 specifically lists 19" Inch Sport Proteo Machined Polished Alloy Wheels - $1550. I like the Proteo because it has a more sporty look than the others.

He told me that there it was from an order booklet that was not updated and that the wheels on the online config and the official brochure - which he gave me is only finalized choices... Would love him to be wrong tho... In official brochure I only have Alferi 18, Vulcano 18, Poseidone 19, urano 20/ standard or polished and titano 21 forged....
The online configurator has many inconsistencies and errors. It also behaves rather erratically. I would not use that as the basis for determining what's available for ordering and what's not. The US has an official price sheet for each of the two petrol models available here, I would assume the Swiss market has the same.

2 superb design ...
I LOVE this wheel design, with the little tridents. Very strong design and masculine. Some may find it a bit too technical, and maybe it will clash with the more sensuous curves of the Ghibli, but I do like this wheel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well going back for test drive monday so will find out again. I agree and also filled in my order on order form with polished 19 proteo, but when i went to see him on Saturday to sort out deposit, he told me its not availible... Will be crossing fingers with you on this one... Also he told me that he was at factory and they confirmed that they will not be doing contrast stitching - which also is something I wanted... Read online that possibly will come out later and thus I told him I will prefer to wait couple of months and get stitching, but he told me he is sure they are not going to do it... Dont know... Only direct source that I have to go to..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Contrast stitching is also not available in the US - but this was called out in the early ordering guide as well and is the reason why the various sports packages based on different wheel sizes are not available - they are supposed to come with contrast stitching. The Roso leather interior is also not available initially.

I will say that contrast stitching or not, the Cuoio and Roso leather will have more visible stitching than the black or beige leather. This is because both Cuoio and Roso are mid-tones, where our eyes are more sensitive to contrast and textures. The stitching will have a bit of polish and reflectiveness, which will stand out against the matte leather surface, making it appear lighter in shade even if the base color are more or less similar. You can take a look at some of the brown leather interiors photos out there of different cars. If they have visible stitching, the stitching is always somewhat visible. The effect will be more subtle than real contrast stitching, of course, but it will be a noticeable effect.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To be sure with the contrast stitching i would call Maserati USA to figure out if that come later. Don't forget that now dealers have pre-located Ghibli to sell with some option that you can change and other that you cannot because (maybe) the car is allready in pre-production. So he want 1st to sell the cars that are coming in stock. He need to make numbers for Xmas bonus ...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts