Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Fairly new Ghibli owner here. I have 2 questions.
1. The coolant in the reservoirs seems to be just below the min level (like 1 cm-ish). Its orange in color so I am thinking of topping it off with the Prestone 50/50 for the engine coolant reservoir (the bigger tank). What does the second smaller reservoir next to it take? There aren't many instructions on that in the manual or on the internet.
2. As I am driving the car more, I have come to realize that the suspension on it is pretty hard. I can feel all the little bumps and deformations on the road. I recently had all 4 tires changed which helped a lot, but still not what I expected. Anybody have a similar hard suspension experience?
Any responses appreciated.
Thanks

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
Here is a thread helps with #1 ... you typically don't want to mix different anti freezes.
Here is an interesting video showing how to change the antifreeze ... much more involved than you would expect. I believe the smaller recovery tank section is to cool the power steering.
Not sure what year you have and suspension. The early model years with sport suspension are very firm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply @BeerGuy. I saw that video and there is discussion in its comments about what to put in the other reservoir. Apparently, it takes the same coolant. Since mine is just a smudge bit below min, I am going to top it off with the Prestone 50/50 which is yellow in color and is supposed to be mixable with other colors. Its probably not going to take much of it, but I am going to test it in a small container before I pour it in.
Mine is a 2016 SQ4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts