Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Rendering of the Ghibli coupe. Maserati has not confirmed the existance of a Ghibli coupe but if they are serious about poaching sales in the segment they should consider it. BMW has the 6 series complementing the 5 series saloon, while Mercedes has the E-Class coupe.

I believe it is inevitable we see a Ghibli coupe, start your day dreaming right here...

·
Registered
43 Posts
they already said they will be making a lower priced coupe soon, the size of the old gransport and probably using the same name.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they already said they will be making a lower priced coupe soon, the size of the old gransport and probably using the same name.
Do you have a link to that info? It would certainly go a long way in reviving the original Ghibli glory.

BTW here are 2 more Ghibli Coupe renders...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Loving the look of the coupe. If the Ghibli is a sign of what to expect from the coupe then I think we are all in for a treat. It will be nice to see a smaller version of the Ghibli, and having the two models would be great for attracting a larger demographic of customers. After the coupe, i would expect a convertible version to be released.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loving the look of the coupe. If the Ghibli is a sign of what to expect from the coupe then I think we are all in for a treat. It will be nice to see a smaller version of the Ghibli, and having the two models would be great for attracting a larger demographic of customers. After the coupe, i would expect a convertible version to be released.
A convertible might cut to hard into GT sales, but you never know the 6 series comes droppable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

They should make it even smaller. Looks long for a coupe
Considering the Ghibli is a 5 series fighter, expect a Ghibli coupe to be the size of a 6 series. Anything smaller and it cannibalizes the GT, especially if it comes in at a lower price point

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is true. I expect the real Ghibli coupe to have better proportions. That is just a rendering and it makes the rear look larger than needed.
I'll agree about the rear, hopefully the Ghibli coupe also gets a more sloping roofline. the rake of the rear window in the rendering hasnt changed from the sedan much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts