Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my S Q4 on January 18, 2014 and have driven it 2300 miles. I expected to be dealing with many defects as the "price" of driving a limited production new model Italian sports car. So far this car has had only two defects: the Sirius antenna problem (which was immediately fixed temporarily by the dealer) and the chrome RR door window pillar guard separated from its plastic backing. The dealer immediately glued it back together (it looks perfect) and ordered a new part to make this repair permanent. I have not encountered any of the problems described by other owners in the Forum.

I bought my Ghibli on an impulse after test driving it (just for fun). My love affair with the car continues.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great to hear! My purchase was something of an impulse decision, as well. Hope to get my car soon and experience the same love affair...

·
Administrator
2,387 Posts
Appreciate the update and great to hear on a few minor inconveniences that could be easily corrected. I'm only a couple weeks into my ownership ... so far so good.

I was looking at Maserati since September 2013. I made my wish list and said if you can find a car with this build list or better we can talk more serious ... well it didn't take long for the dealer to find my car coming into port.

These are beautiful cars that you just don't see everyday ... or every week for that matter!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ghibli was not even on my list and I only heard about it from a friend who knew I was focused on a 550Ix.......I fell in love instantly and knew this car was going to be special........I have only had mine two weeks (750 miles) and just have steering wheel vibrations which I believe is from the Dealer swapping out Dunlaps for Pirelli PZero's at the last minute so i suspect they did not rebalance.........car is solid as a rock and is the finest machine I have ever driven...........BMW, MB and Audi are going to take notice in time and I bet will react to compete..........just my prediction so we will see

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fascinating to hear what led people to buy a Ghibli, and what other cars (if any) were considered. When I wrote up the car I focused on the 6 Gran Coupe as the comparison vehicle.

Edit: Found this poll, apparently I picked well:
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/ma...ion/poll-58-car-direct-ghibli-competitor.html

I'd like to be able to provide some reliability stats on these cars, but will post about that in a separate thread.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had not even heard about the Ghibli until about 21 days ago. My friend who has a Gran Turismo told me about it when I mentioned that I was considering an E Class, 6 Series or the Porsche Sedan. He told me to check it out, I did, the wife loved it too, we picked our desired features, Maserati of Manhattan went out of their way to find us a car that matched and swapped it with the rims we wanted, and have had the car for about a week. I have had a few of the issues listed in the forum, Sirius radio antenna, sub woofer vibrations, but the dealer is aware of all these issues and is ready to fix both items within the next few weeks.

As for the experience driving the car, AMAZING! Even in NYC which has a lot of exotic vehicles driving around, the Ghibli is a head turner on a consistent basis.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Congrats!!! William, the service manager at Maserati fo Manhattan is the Man and is aware of all the issues and can fix them no problem just ask!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the same category. Had a vague awareness of the Ghibli earlier in the summer, but went from test drive to delivery in about ten days.

The Rosso Energia did it for me. That, and the late 2014 deals being offered. I'm all of three days into it, found this great site, and so far, loving every miunte behind the wheel!

Great forum here of passionate owners...!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm in the same category. Had a vague awareness of the Ghibli earlier in the summer, but went from test drive to delivery in about ten days.

The Rosso Energia did it for me. That, and the late 2014 deals being offered. I'm all of three days into it, found this great site, and so far, loving every miunte behind the wheel!

Great forum here of passionate owners...!
Congratulations on your Ghibli and welcome to the forum. Have to agree that the car and forum are both great. Lots of very knowledgeable guys/gals that post regularly-thanks to all of you for sharing.

Enjoy your great Ghibli and please post your score on how much you like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on Ghibli delivered in January. Car now has been driven 5400 miles and has had no other problems since the antenna and trim replacements. Only annoying issues are occasional noise on bluetooth phone conversations and disappointing sound quality of premium sound system. Overall satisfaction with this car exceeds my expectations and if it continues I may buy the car at end of lease,

·
Registered
357 Posts
Update on Ghibli delivered in January. Car now has been driven 5400 miles and has had no other problems since the antenna and trim replacements. Only annoying issues are occasional noise on bluetooth phone conversations and disappointing sound quality of premium sound system. Overall satisfaction with this car exceeds my expectations and if it continues I may buy the car at end of lease,
@misghibli Very nice. Reassuring to know that a lot of folks have no major issues and like their car. Please post your score and comments on "how much do you like your Ghibli?" thread. It will help to hear from long time owners like yourself.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have the same noises on Bluetooth phone conversation. My Ghibli is going to the dealer as of Monday, they will put the 18' wheels with winter types (3500 EUR that's toppy) and they will change the grey calipers to red ... They will also look into the BT telephone noises... Hope it gets fixed. My dealer drives a Ghibli as his company car and he tells me he hasn't got this problem with Bluetooth.

Also they are lending me a new QP during those 2 days... Can't wait to try the big sister ...

Reactions: Mangirek
1 - 12 of 12 Posts