Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So while we are on photoshop roll here, I thought I'd offer my ideas regarding proposed front lip spoiler idea. It would be nice to have something like this available in Carbon Fiber alongside an elegant rear CF spoiler. Would give ghibli a more aggressive stance IMO

·
Registered
71 Posts
aka 'splitter'

splitters are specific to track cars, not really something you see on a tourer. Not to mention it's just something that will just break off on dips, speed bumps and curbs

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the ghibli has an upward sloping front bumper which leaves quite a bit of room for a splitter. It wouldn't be lower then any other bumper.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well the ghibli has an upward sloping front bumper which leaves quite a bit of room for a splitter. It wouldn't be lower then any other bumper.
Its not the height as much as the distance the nose extends past the front wheels. Its already a bit further than say my A7 which didnt scrape pulling into my garage (I will admit the rake is kind of steep). The Ghibli however is a major issue, scrapes bad if I dont come in at an extreme angle

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like the idea of having a splitter, but I think this looks like a goatee. I think a splitter needs to be full width to look right. For this car to pull it off though, it's going to need to be subtle, and balanced out with similar treatment to the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts