Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I went to refuel my SQ4 and after getting out, the gas door opens but there is a silver metal piece that is blocking the fuel pump from entering the tank to refuel. I tried it with the doors locked, and unlocked and the metal piece did not move an inch.

I did have my sunroof open all the way and my windows down. I don't know if that affects it.

If rather not make a trip to my dealer for service if it's an easy fix.

Any tips fellas?

·
Registered
644 Posts
putting the nozzle in it ought to allow it to open. if that does not work, try the funnel in the trunk thats part of the spare tools kit under the trunk mat.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hmm very interesting situation you ran into and very strange.
Usually when I just push nozzle in it automatically opens allowing me to fill up the tank.
Also you can try the funnel in the trunk thats what the salesman told me during delivery of the car lol.

·
Administrator
2,624 Posts
Can’t if metal flap is stuck in closed position
I presume your in a cold climate? Most have had success using the long narrow funnel to open the internal flap.
Others have resorted to getting the car into a warmer location (like a garage) to let the flap thaw out. Someone had success with removing the outer gas flap section, (turning counterclockwise in another post), but I've not seen/heard that done other than the Facebook post referenced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts