Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Maserati Ghibli S Q4 2017
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As soon as I saw the green Quattroporte Trofeo last year, I wanted to have my Ghibli resprayed in that color. After weeks of negotiation, Maserati slammed the door on that dream stating that only that single car was ever painted that color and they would not release the color code. However, the owner of a local paint shop had his paint supplier mix up a copy from images online - and they disassembled my Ghibli and resprayed it in Trofeo Green. I absolutely love it! I think the color is 100% spot on. These photos don’t do it justice, as the flakes in the paint really make it come to life when watching it directly in different light and angles. So here’s a few inspirational photos from the pick up and it’s first wash. 😎

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice choice. I've wanted to see that specific color in person. I guess that explains why I haven't seen that color pop up at the dealer yet.

Reactions: Karl Kaas

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, shame they’re not painting lots of maseratis that color. I think it really brings out the crisp lines and curves in the body in a classy way.

Nice choice. I've wanted to see that specific color in person. I guess that explains why I haven't seen that color pop up at the dealer yet.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
130 Posts
That is a spectacular color and a very gutsy move to have it re-painted. You are a bold visionary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this forum, trying to get my feet wet and do some research before I buy a ghibli. I do paint cars and from the angles of the picture the paint job looks awesome, well done.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I remember that color when they showed us the new Trofeo models in red, white and green. I was wondering when it would show up on lots, from your post it sounds like never!

You are a braver soul than I - I'm not sure I could work up the courage to repaint a Ghibli that didn't need a repaint just to get a better color...but I suppose if I wanted that color bad enough, who knows!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bravery to get this paint job done comes from the skewed (scr€wed) financial aspect of being a car owner in Denmark vs. the rest of the world. We have a tax of 150% on cars PLUS an additional 25% VAT. Yes, 175% tax on top of the price of the car. So my Ghibli cost around 270,000 EUR new in Denmark, believe it or not. I bought it for 114,000 EUR used, 3 years old. So, those 5000 EUR for having it painted in the exact color I wanted seems like a very small expense relative to the horrific cost of the car. o_O

·
Registered
16 Posts
If anyone else is interested in this color and getting a respray, or getting a vinyl wrap produced in the color, I am 99% sure the trofeo green they used in the release photos was borrowed from alfa - a la Montreal Green. They are using it on the 2021/2022 Quadrifoglio models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As soon as I saw the green Quattroporte Trofeo last year, I wanted to have my Ghibli resprayed in that color. After weeks of negotiation, Maserati slammed the door on that dream stating that only that single car was ever painted that color and they would not release the color code. However, the owner of a local paint shop had his paint supplier mix up a copy from images online - and they disassembled my Ghibli and resprayed it in Trofeo Green. I absolutely love it! I think the color is 100% spot on. These photos don’t do it justice, as the flakes in the paint really make it come to life when watching it directly in different light and angles. So here’s a few inspirational photos from the pick up and it’s first wash. 😎

View attachment 21483 View attachment 21484 View attachment 21485 View attachment 21486
I like it. Have you considered getting it ceramic coated? Super easy to clean, spot clean and wash. Here is my blacked out ceramic 2019 Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Also noticed you have a passed out passenger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts