Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I've created a Excel workbook with a list of issues we've all reported on this forum. What I hope is that everyone participates in this. It will take 5 minutes or less for each person to quickly fill out.

Instructions:
Issues are listed across the top row. In the left column is a place for each of us to enter our user handle AND date of manufacturer for our vehicle (i.e. 01/2014). Simply add your user name and date of manufacturer below my user name and check-mark the issues you've had or have with an "x". If you do not see an issue in the top row, go ahead and add yours (although most should be represented).

The goal is the core, repeatable issues are identified and communicated to Maserati. We are all a guinea pig for Maserati and in exchange for being so, we want the larger repeatable issues fixed with standard fixes tested, approved and issued by Maserati corporate to our local dealers.

I will let this circulate the workbook until May 28th, 2014. At which point I will formulate a formal letter with electronic signatures for all of us and attach the Excel file (data table). I will post the letter here for formal review by all with digital signature prior to sending to Maserati. This will be sent to multiple people at Maserati corporate.

Because this is an Excel workbook I will have to email it personally to everyone as Excel is not compatible on this forum for download and editing. PLEASE…send me a Private Message on here with your email and I'll forward the Excel workbook and consolidate everyone's input into one workbook. All email addresses will not be shared and I ask that you keep my personal email private also.

Thank you for your participation, and let's make sure Maserati is customer focused on getting our issues resolved since we are the guinea pigs for Maserati! :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Those that have sent me a PM with their emails should have the Excel workbook in their email inboxes, check your "spam" filters to be sure.

Keep the Private Messages with your personal email coming guys….we need at least 50 to participate in order for this to work!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guys, we only have a dozen participating. This is your opportunity to let your frustrations be heard by Maserati and strength is in numbers…even if your problem has been resolved, please respond. They need our feedback!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys take a minute and get this done! It is a very easy format and takes 2 minutes! The amount of good that is able to come from this is surely worth the 2 minutes it will take you to add your info to the spreadsheet! Let's go!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in on this, but just want to be clear - my understanding was that we log any issue we come across between now and mid-to-late May instead of simply returning right away, correct? Having just picked up my car I'll need some time to determine if I even have any issues (touch wood!).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello all….everyone that has sent me a PM has the worksheet. Most of have already sent returned responses. Let's keep them coming we are up to about 15 people. We need every owner on the forum to participate!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in on this, but just want to be clear - my understanding was that we log any issue we come across between now and mid-to-late May instead of simply returning right away, correct? Having just picked up my car I'll need some time to determine if I even have any issues (touch wood!).
Yes, that is correct. I am already working on the collaborative responses, and will send out a final copy on 5/28 for anyone to add issues and to sign off on the letter. I will send the letter to Maserati with our Excel workbook May 29th or May 30th. The goal is for Maserati to expedite "official" fixes with priority on major common problems…such as the audio issues we are all experiencing. We love our cars, but some of the repetitive issues are just not acceptable for a car of this price. Our dealers need "official" fixes from corporate, and not be expected to come up with ad-hoc fixes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone who has requested the workbook now has it. Keep them coming guys, we are up to about 20 people…still need to get the numbers up so please send me a PM with your personal email and i'll send you the workbook.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anderson-b76: Should we announce this again just to try to get some more folks (and new members) involved? BTW I sent mine back to you today (added three items).

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I just spoke to Sharon at Maserati NA. She told me that the waste gate noise is considered normal and as such the engineers are not/will not be coming up with a solution! This noise is driving me nuts! Especially now that the weather is breaking and I am able to drive with the windows down it seems to be much louder!!!

Maybe I will engineer a boot of sorts to try and muffle that dreadful noise that simply makes our cars sound like ****!

·
Registered
324 Posts
But it's normal, Djsurace. A stroke of brilliance in customer relations. I'm going to use that normal-declaration trick at work now. What could go wrong?!

·
Registered
34 Posts
But it's normal, Djsurace. A stroke of brilliance in customer relations. I'm going to use that normal-declaration trick at work now. What could go wrong?!
Yup me too! Then once I use it enough I will lose my job...as a result I will lose my ghibli as well... At least I won't hear that noise! >:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok, have had the chance to put some steadier mileage on my Ghibli in the last few days. Finally made it past the 600 mile break-in period so have been using manual mode a lot more and winding it up and down through the rev range. That exhaust sound is GLORIOUS!!

What isn't so glorious is the constant squeaking coming from the rear seat area. I've used the fold down seats once but have ensured they are firmly up and latched properly. Lubed the latch mechanism, confirmed the belts aren't rubbing against anything, tried the center armrest in both the up and down positions, and nothing will make the squeak go away. Anyone else having this particular issue? Suggestions?

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
essfive - I've not experienced that (yet) only 450 miles. Can you make it squeak yourself when sitting or pressing against different areas of the seat bottoms / backs or only when driving?

I just tried going into my backseat to see if I can create a squeak by bouncing around against the seats. Interesting I found a rattle, slight squeak from where the rear deck speaker grille fit against the window panel. I pressed it in more firmly and the "forced" rattle went away.

Doesn't sound the same as you described, but tells me there are friction areas in the back seat area. I'm a little compulsive on squeaks myself, if I hear one I won't give up until I find / fix it.

Also might want to check everything is fastened down in the trunk lower cargo storage area.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Beerguy - nothing in the trunk, so that's not the source. The kids were in the back when I took it for a road trip last weekend and I didn't hear anything then, so maybe you're right in that pressure against the seatback eliminates those friction areas. Just wish I could find where it was as now that I'm aware of the squeak it really takes away from the overall experience.

I'll have someone sit in the back to try to isolate where it's coming from and report back. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
4000 miles on my Q4

I have been very lucky and not experienced any of the problems you guys have had, everything has gone by with little concerns; till now. Last week I just checked the oil dip stick and saw that the oil level was clean but at the minimum range! Stopped by a local Mas dealer here in NJ, they added a quart and when I got home found a small spot in my garage. So called the dealer and bringing it in. Anyone else have an oil problem?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guys…I am very sorry for the delay in getting the workbook out to everyone as some health issues have forced my absence for the last few weeks.

HOWEVER, everyone who has PM'd me with their email address now has the workbook! If you PM'd me and didn't receive it, send me another PM WITH YOUR EMAIL and I'll resend.

Due date is only 2 weeks away, May 28th so send me a message…so far we have 50 responses!

For those that tried PMing me in the last couple days, my inbox was full but not anymore so resend.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts