Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is for a compilation of known technical issues with the 2014 Ghibli. Please post any issues you have found with your car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This post is for a compilation of known technical issues with the 2014 Ghibli. Please post any issues you have found with your car.
I have rust coming from one of my wheels….400 miles on the car. It seems a part/bolt has not been treated correctly and is rusting out. Each time I wash the car, the front right wheel has rust coming from what appears to be a lug nut.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Consistent Issues for Me Like Others

1. Sound/radio not working on start up. Must shut off car and wait, wait, wait. Then restart
2. Inconsistent Sirius radio
3. Dreadful subwoofer rattle
4.Right driver window

If only someone could host a spreadsheet

Name Dealer Sirius Subwoofer Door window Radio not starting up Contact info

·
Registered
324 Posts
This thread will be more useful if all the issues, as they are reported, are consolidated in the original post. Appletart, since you're the owner, you'll need to edit your OP when folks add a comment with new issues, more details, official fix reports, etc. It's a burden, but otherwise sifting through a thread like this is kind of brutal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First Start Hesitation

I've owned mine -- Q4S, Sport, Premium, 19's -- for three weeks. Aside from the interior quality complaints, which I share, my biggest issue is the hesitation when starting out, particularly when the road and tires are cold or wet.

The dealer claims this is the all-wheel drive system being confused when the (summer) tires are cold. I find it quite annoying, as I never had similar problems with BMWs or Audis or rental Jeeps. I just joined this forum (my first forum ever), so any advice or comment would be welcome.

After less than 300 or 400 feet, the problem only reoccurs when turning on a wet, damp or pothole-ridden road.

I've read brief comments about this on car review sites, but nothing to describe the unpleasant feeling that the car is about to stall. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remington. Had the same issues. Put on winter tires and it went away. The summer high performance tires are very hard until they warm up. You will find the same issue on Ferraris when the tires are cold. Though, I must add, I never had that issue with my Audi s6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Known Technical Issues: cold tire performance

My Porsche Panamera 4S tires did the same thing. Annoying, but not a serious concern.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tape on sunroof

Not sure if ive seen this one reported but there is a strip of black tape on the inside of the front of the sunroof which has peeled off. Only other issue is with the subwoofer rattle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Ghibli (just three weeks old) did not start at my house. Just had it towed to the Ferrari/Maserati dealership. Will update you guys on what happened once I also find out.

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
ATLSam - disappointing and sorry to hear ... hope it is something very simple.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts