Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

just got my first Maserati ghibli s 2017! Love it! All ghibli s I have been in smell the same like the Italian leather of the seats! It’s amazing! Wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions to retain this smell? Leather conditioner or scents to keep the car smelling original?

·
Registered
80 Posts
No food.
No pets.
No kids.
No scents.
Keep the windows up.
Park it inside.
Leather conditioner is like starting an oil thread or a tire thread. Thirty product suggestions from 29 folks. There are a few threads on this and other forums.
I'm mostly serious about the above - the Jaguar I sold after 16 years (one owner from new) to buy my Ghibli still smelled like new leather inside. Gentle unscented cleaners only, occasional conditioner if you insist, its already sealed. Doing less is better than doing more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great advice thank you! No food, pets, kids, or scents here! I do have to park it outside at night and on weekends though! I’m getting a sub visor to protect the dash and tint on windows!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I use Gliptone GT11, the car is coming to 4 years old 46 000km ~30 000miles, the seats look like new, ( i'm a fair weight 105kgs 6'5") and the smell is brilliant.
Who ever gets in the car asks me how it' still smells like new.
I apply every 2-3 months.
I live in a fairly hot place.
The car "sleeps" indoor, When outside I park it the back to the sun, no kids, no food LOL....

·
Administrator
2,319 Posts
What's interesting is this is also manufactured in the US by Gliptone. I'm not sure if the formula is the same, but they both reference roots dating back to 1947. Retails for $13 for 8 ounces.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yep BeerGuy, I reckon it would be the same, unless Leather does not smell the same in the States LOL....

I use so much, I bought 1 Liter bottle.

·
Administrator
2,319 Posts
Yep BeerGuy, I reckon it would be the same, unless Leather does not smell the same in the States LOL....

I use so much, I bought 1 Liter bottle.
Only reason for my comment on "same" is I heard a few complaints that the formula changed and not the as the older version, (smell is different). Don't have the before and after experience and know you can't please everyone.

I'll have to try it. I've exclusively used GTechniq L1 (Leather Guard) on this car since 2014.

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi Joe, I tried that too, hummm not convinced, I found it too "synthetic" .
But as BeerGuy said, you can't please every one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I usually use a scoop of baking soda in my car to remove the unwanted smell including the leather scent and so far it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts