Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I am new to the forum and I've been an owner of a Ghibli 3.0d for a couple of days.
I notice that the car never exceeds 3250-3300 RPM even in manual mode or any mode/combination of modes.
Has anyone faced an issue like this. Is this some kind of ecologic restrain I am not aware about.
The car is Euro6 with AdBlue if that's of any help...

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Diesels by their nature are not revy engines. This engine I think hits max torque at about 2600RPM. However I am sure mine has reved higher than that and if you want that to happen you have to be like foot to the floor brutal with it. The car will not go much faster but the speakers in the exhausts will make some growling noises, so not a totally wasted exercise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi Mamouka,
There is a soft rev limiter if you are in Neutral or Park.
all the Diesel automatics have that, I don't know about the petrol ones.

But once you are driving you should be able to pick 4200 minimum in M. Sports mode.

If you cannot there is a safety due to an ECU error, which for safety reasons limits the rev.
Ie Water in Fuel, fuel pressure, EGR failure, flowmeter failure, DPF failure etc etc...
The Adblue does not make any difference to the system, unless tank is empty, then I think the car even refuses to run. I have never run empty so I don't know, but there is a function on the dash to check level, the Dash will remind you to fill up anyway.

If you want to remove the limit in N or P, the ECU has to be remapped, but I don't see the point, I did not take it out in mine when remapped it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello guys, I am new to the forum and I've been an owner of a Ghibli 3.0d for a couple of days.
I notice that the car never exceeds 3250-3300 RPM even in manual mode or any mode/combination of modes.
Has anyone faced an issue like this. Is this some kind of ecologic restrain I am not aware about.

Cheers

Hi, I just discovered the same issue on my 2018 d although had the car since last August. Coincidentally I had just been topping up my able but a very helpful gay told me the same thing. All quite normal, also the car drives and excelerated as normal up tonthe red line. People on here are very helpful. Enjoy your car, this is my first Maserati it's a thrill to drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Cheers

Hi, I just discovered the same issue on my 2018 d although had the car since last August. Coincidentally I had just been topping up my able but a very helpful gay told me the same thing. All quite normal, also the car drives and excelerated as normal up tonthe red line. People on here are very helpful. Enjoy your car, this is my first Maserati it's a thrill to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts