Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery last month. Have driven about 1,400 miles - local traffic on the Merrit Parkway, couple of road trips to NH and VT - to/from work. Switched out of a W210 Mercedes e55.

Ghibli has quirks - shifter is impossible to hit reverse on the first try, have to get the sat radio antenna switched out, audio is thin, phone crackles once in a while - no dispute. Was in a rented Chrysler 300 last week and was amused beyond words that it had the same keyless entry, MTC, headlight controls, as my Ghibli (and a better feeling shift actuator and awesome stereo).

Enough of that crap. Love the Ghibli. I will put up with all of that nonsense to drop the windows, put it in manual-sport, mash the pedal and have a limitless (for where I drive) top end with insane acceleration and that sound out of the back end. I try to be kind of low key in life so I got mine in black on black....sort of discrete unless someone is looking closely......sort of. Drivers know and love the car. The parking guys INSIST on keeping it in front. And let's face it - chicks dig it.

Absolutely not for everyone. Works for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Post up some pics!

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
MRB - glad you are enjoying the car. It really has more positive features and a type of understated exclusivity!!! I have folks stop and take pictures of my Ghibli, and comment on wow is this an Italian made car ... who makes it? So even folks that don't know cars really appreciate the Ghibli looks and the unique Maserati sound.

I presume living in CT you will be adding winter tires or using another car during the snowy season?

Reactions: tjsbeer
1 - 4 of 4 Posts