Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here :) Potential buyer of Ghibli.
I am looking for a next move for a vehicle for me and my wife and a baby in the future and got down to 2 choices for purchase.

Ghibli Sq4 or Cayenne S.

I know they are somewhat completely different types of vehicle but I just cant decide which vehicle to choose from.
I test drove Ghibli, it's really nice except some rattling sound and bit of lag during launch and pretty much happy with it.
For Cayenne, I like the fact that it's larger SUV vehicle which might come handy later on when I have newborn and family.

for both vehicles, prices are aligned, performance and handling is some what comparable, I love the Porsche interior, I love Macerati's uniqueness and exterior styling.

If you have any insights in between choosing these vehicles, please chime in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You'll be happier with the S Q4. If you find you need an SUV down the road, buy one. My guess is you won't need one... because, frankly, there's not really much more Utility in an SUV, unless you consider vehicle height a utility (?) I suppose the only other real difference is you can strap cargo on top of an SUV that you probably wouldn't want to strap onto your S Q4. But then you wouldn't want to strap it onto your fancy pants Porsche SUV either. So I say again, if you find you really do need an SUV, just buy one you don't mind utilizing.

·
Registered
852 Posts
there would be more cargo space with the SUV but my son just had a baby and he gets along fine with a sedan. Actually, my wife drives an SUV because it rides higher which I can never understand but there you go...........so unless you really need the extra cargo space, S Q4 all the way...........plus IMO the Q S4 has way greater wow appeal.........good luck with your decision

·
Registered
348 Posts
Depends…is this your only car? If so, go with the Porsche for utility and for reliability…my personal experience is the Porsches are rock solid. However had a family member who had a Panamera Turbo and it was nothing but problems and filed under a lemon law.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Ghibli has a significant wow factor that the Cayenne just doesn't have. I have 3 cars for very different occasions (convertible for sunny weekends, sedan for commuting, suv for hauling the kids) so take into account what you'll be using it most for. If it's for kids, the Cayenne is obviously the better choice. But if you have another car that you haul the kids in then Ghibli all the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts