Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has a pdf of owner's manual? I've been waiting for my delivery painfully. Would be great if i can learn about her by looking into the manual.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The owners manual is on DVD ( the paper version only has quick reference guide ) I will see what's on it let you know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Has anyone been able to view the DVD on a device other than the Ghibli's? I really don't want to have to sit in the car to read through everything. Hubby hasn't been able to view on our Mac book.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have only been able to use it in-car. And I have to say I am amazed at the lack of clarity in the language they use (in both the printed guide and the DVD)! In some sections I simply don't understand what they are saying! I still don't know how to code my seat and radio settings to my remote. I was able to discern that it is possible, just not the mechanics of it.

It's like they translated it from Italian to Mandarin and then to English!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I checked the Maserati website which should have it, ideally on the configurator part, but I didn't see anything.
You can try asking your dealer for the PDF document. It's possible they have a copy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ghibli Owner's Manual

If you place the DVD in your computer and search the folders, you will find one called "PDF". In that folder is contained the 294 page owners manual along with the 108 page Touch Control manual and the warranty file. That is the good news. The bad new is that the two manuals do not always agree in the information given and the screen shots do not always accurately depict what you will find on your touch control screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The two manuals are both over 16Mb. I tried to send one and my internet provider responded with, "file too large to send." Maybe somebody else will have a service provider that is more efficient.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Talked to my service manager today re manuals. As far as Maser Wash DC, they seem to think it is only readable in vehicle. I've searched for online pdf but haven't found anything so far...

·
Registered
258 Posts
The two manuals are both over 16Mb. I tried to send one and my internet provider responded with, "file too large to send." Maybe somebody else will have a service provider that is more efficient.
Go to sendspace.com and upload it there. You will then get a link you can post here for everyone to use. I would love to take a look at the manual prior to getting my car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are unlucky enough to be running windows 8, you will not be able to play this or any other DVD without purchasing the upgrade player. Microsoft omitted a DVD player.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm new to any type of forum and do not know dropbox. I think I could email the PDF owner's manual to someone and let them find a way to make it available.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I thought about this further. I believe copyright laws prohibit distribution of Maserati's file-based manuals without their consent. This includes access through file share sites and what have you. This is why I haven't provided a link to the PDF myself.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am sure there is a copyright for manuals, but companies generally make them freely available. I mean they make the Quattroporte's manual available on their own website, so it's natural to expect the same for the Ghibli. I doubt anyone is going to get upset if the Internet figured out how to share among itself until then.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts