Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need some advice from this forum. I have been driving E3504matics for 10 years.I'm bored with the styling and performance and looking to kick it up a notch. My concern is that I drive about 20k a year all highway and I value the MB reliability factor. I have a friend who had a few ferrari's drove them and had no issues.

So my question has anyone on this forum who owns a Q4 driven it 15-20k and what issues have they had? I think I should go with 19inch all seasons and perhaps a set of 18 rims and snows.

My lease is up Jan so I thought I would wait for a 2015 perhaps they will have a better residual and lease deal.( heard that a new lease bank is in the works)

MB makes it way to easy to sign up for another MB however I want to weigh my options.

Any advice will be appreciated!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I dont think so anyone here would have driven 15k to 20k miles on a SQ4... the car is so new.. and just came out in Sept. last year with people ordering and getting it around Dec or so and right now we are in June. So anyone with 15k to 20k mile would be very hard to find.

But I can tell you from my experience this much. I saw the car last year back in Dec. and fell in love with it. The reliability might be a bit sketchy here but that with all the new cars. The good part is Maserati is really getting and working around those issues to fix every thing that might possibly have came up in the last 9 months or so.

Now I was also debating on MB CLS, BMW 5/6 and Audi A7. I know these are good cars and they have been on the road long enough so a bit more reliable. But here is the case none of them are Italian. (if you understand where i am getting from). You seem them in every nook and corner.

The exclusivity of owning an Italian car with a Ferrari built engine in it is something very special.

I would suggest instead of listening to people like me (who are so in love with this car on a purely emotional and then technical basis) give it a spin.. go and have a test drive with the window down and listen to that symphony from Modenna.

You will be a better judge of yourself on what you really want then...

and tire options are good.. :)

Reactions: doubledeetob

·
Registered
480 Posts
I clearly do not have 15K-20K on my car. I have the SQ4 AWD and I have had it since May 21 and I have 2,350 miles on it. I drive it every day but mostly on the highway as I drive to Newark or Trenton for Court nearly every other day. I have also taken it on a 300 mile round trip to PA and my trip to visit parents is 55 miles each way and that is done nearly every weekend. so that being said... I have had ZERO mechanical issues with the car!

The only issues I had related to
1) the Satellite antenna--Maserati fixed it.
2) the subwoofer--Maserati fixed it.
3) rear dome light--Maserati fixed it.

My only other issue is the "premium sound system" and Maserati says they are looking into it. Other than these minor annoyances, My April 2014 build dated car has resolved all the earlier issues and she runs like a Swiss watch!

I highly recommend it to the right person because unlike a German Car with all the bells, whistles, automatic robotic driving tools, this is a DRIVERS' car. If you are they type to sit back, hit cruise control and let the car tell you there is someone in your blind spot while you are listening to a concert...a Maserati is not for you. ;)

But if you like driving every mile you're on the road, love to hear the roar of the exhaust as you shift from second to third at 5500rpms and like taking the turns, screw the apex, hug the corner...buy the Ghibli and have FUN!!!!>:D

Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both replies. What led me to this forum is by pure accident a few days ago I test drove the Q4 and I was blown away! I've been driving e350 so long I forgot what the feeling was like to drive a drivers car. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks and go for another test drive to be sure.

What options should I consider?

Thinking about the blue passione/cuoio

I'm into a good sound system since i drive so many miles and listen to estreet radio and sports radio.

When can I place an order on 2015? Does anyone have a copy of the ordering guide?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have that color combo and love it. Mine also came with the carbon fiber, looks great and gets lots of compliments. The upgraded premium leather is fantastic looking.
Good luck

·
Registered
312 Posts

I'm into a good sound system since i drive so many miles and listen to estreet radio and sports radio.
Bowers & Wilkins Sound System is a MUST!!
It's expensive, but the "Premium" sound system option is junk.

·
Registered
178 Posts
After the New Hope meet up on the 12th and a 2,000 mile road trip the following week to Maine and Nova Scotia from Virginia I'll have over 6,000 miles on my Q4. Maybe we should have a poll of mileage from owners.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Thanks for both replies. What led me to this forum is by pure accident a few days ago I test drove the Q4 and I was blown away! I've been driving e350 so long I forgot what the feeling was like to drive a drivers car. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks and go for another test drive to be sure.

When can I place an order on 2015? Does anyone have a copy of the ordering guide?

In May I ordered a 2015 S Q4, as the NA inventory of 2014s did not have any with ventilated seats and B&W sound system
; my car is tentatively scheduled for late September delivery.
I would have been happy to get a 3rd production run 2014 like spsesq and Joe300, as thanks to the active and astute forum membership
(and others too I am sure), Maserati has resolved most of the issues with both the previous 2014 production runs.

The preliminary 2015 order guide does NOT contain the pricing for any of the base cars - S, SQ4 or diesel just the options/packages.
The packages themselves have been reconfigured and or renamed from those in 2014; for instance the 2015 SQ4 includes 19" all-seasons and front laminated glass (with rear as an option). There are also additional leather options using cross stitching, which I had posted in the forum already.

When I ordered my car the online system did not match up with the 2015 options completely and I was told that the 2015 base pricing would not be in dealers hands until July 20, 2014.

My advice to you is wait until the 2015 prices are known in late July to order your early Xmas present but be sure to get the B&W (only worth $ 3,500 not $ 5,100); the Premium Sound fix us not due until the 2nd production run of 2015. This way you will have ALL the prices at your disposal.

However you configure your Ghibli I am sure, like the rest of us, you will get many miles of Modena/Bologna induced happiness !

Enjoy

DD

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Registered
30 Posts
The folks at this forum will give you excellent insight and advice. Mine may not be either, but here you go.

I love my 20" wheels in FL, but curse them in MA, the potholes and uneven road take their toll. Perhaps go with 18" in CT.

The car is very low as well, I find parking in Boston a challenge with tight corners and steep grades. I wish if had the air suspension lift my MB has.

On my way to the cape I put it in ICE, drive 60 miles at 60 to 75 mph and averaged 28.8 mpg, I thought that was surprising perk.

Very few cars will give you the thrill this does when turbos kick in on a highway. It never gets old driving it.

Good luck with your next car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We cancelled the order for our well equipped E350-4 and bought the Ghibli as a year round daily for my wife. No problems so far, but we're only at 5k mi.

Even with nearly every option checked, the E class just felt cheap to us. We had to a factory order because the 100 or so in inventory all had vinyl seats. I really like the older E class, but with the exception of the body, the new ones feel more like a C class.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts