Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for the Ghibli to launch in Saudi Arabia to be one of the first who own it. I've had its pictures as backgrounds for my mobile and laptop. I chose blue exterior with red interior, and put the down payment.

However after I test drove the car I changed my mind then bought an S-line 3.0 A7 Audi. My previous car was Jaguar XF.

I tested the Ghibli 3 times (i tested both the Ghibli & Ghibli S), every time I was trying to convince myself to buy it. but I couldn't !

Below are my comments that I'm wishing they can fix so it can be my next car.

1) Front seats are not comfortable. The puffed area around the shoulders make it very uncomfortable to sit with a straight back ! I have tried many other sporty & luxury cars, this one was the most uncomfortable. I tried different adjustments for the seat, but it didn't work !
I know maybe other people with different sizes may fit better in the seat. But to me it really was the biggest problem. I'm not a fat guy though (175cm, 78kg)
if the seat was comfortable enough, I would have ignored the below observations.

2) Quality of plastic parts, especially steering wheel buttons and window buttons felt very cheep and didn't seem to be clicked the way they should be

3) Rear lights could have been designed to look better, instead of looking like KIA Rio!

4) LCD quality and colors were very poor especially if you compare it to BMW screens.

5) Rear Camera is too much tilted downwards. its like quarter of the screen is only showing the rear bumper!

However, the car is amazingly beautiful, and the engine and driving experience is just amazing. Every time I see a Ghibli on the street, I wish they payed more attention to these details.

This is my opinion, you may agree or disagree !

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Good luck with the S7 that you chose; the lack of rear headroom removed it from consideration for me and the rear visibility of the XF likewise - they were my only other 'choices'. The Bimmer/Mercedes controls/choices did nothing for me - too complex to operate! I much prefer a touch screen interface to the iDrive MMI

So I went with car that gives the best driving experience and the simpler controls ; but do agree that a comfortable driving position is essential - I am slightly bigger that you (183cm/85 kgs) and so far so good.

DD

·
Registered
312 Posts
Too each his own, but I despised my Audi.
Got rid of it 6 weeks after I bought it.
As for the seats in the Ghibli, I just came off a 1400 mile road trip and the seats are fantastically comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I do agree, Audi MMI isn't my favorite .. I do prefer touch screen.

However, for rear visibility, you can get used to it sooner than you think.
Rear headroom wasn't a problem for me, since my 2 year old daughter is the only person setting in the back.

Regarding the seat comfort, I guess if you sit with a curved back it will be totally ok.. for me when I set with straight back (the healthy way) it was really annoying, especially that I have back problems.

I like the smoothness and steering in the A7 .. and all wheel drive gives amazing driving experience. plus the interior quality and SEAT COMFORT

I still love Ghibli though :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had two cars that have left me at the chiropractor, and an XFR was one of them. And, I will admit, a couple of weeks into Ghibli ownership, I noticed a bit of lower back pain. However, I kept fine adjusting the seat and I can now do 500 miles a day in absolute comfort. And I sit very upright.

I agree, some of the switch finishes could be better, but I much prefer the driver interface on the Ghibli to anything BMW, Audi or Merc offer.

And the sense of occasion every time you get into it. Good luck with the Audi, I hope it meets your expectations

·
Registered
33 Posts
After owning a couple of Ferrari's, I have fairly low expectations when it comes to switch gear, stereos and secondary ergonomics. But what I do expect is an awesome drive train, brakes, and linear steering.

Italians seem to put more emphasis on driving the car, and a lot less on driver aids, comfort and convenience.

So, I you want a big car, that shrinks around you when you drive it, a Maserati is for you. But if you want a living room, not so much...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am very surprised you find the seats on the Ghibli uncomfortable I tried the A7 and find the Ghibli a far more pleasant place to be and the seats fit me very well.

Good luck with your A7 but posting here shows you still hanker after the Ghibli.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hehe.. yeah.. it is a very beautiful car ..

I'm wishing they can fix these details, so it can be my next car .. maybe after the face lift :D

However, I'm surprised its only me who didn't like the seat! .. the puffed area around the shoulders is very annoying on the sides !!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
hehe.. yeah.. it is a very beautiful car ..

I'm wishing they can fix these details, so it can be my next car .. maybe after the face lift :D

However, I'm surprised its only me who didn't like the seat! .. the puffed area around the shoulders is very annoying on the sides !!!
I could be my height and/or how I sit but never even noticed the puffed shoulder area. I had to go out to my car to see if I had the same thing ... yes but very subtle and not heavily puffed.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I wish you luck with your A7..............surprised you could not find a comfortable seat selection............driving and showing up anywhere is an event with the Ghibli and the cold start with sport mode on is well...........incredible.........but you know what they say to each his own and I am glad you did not force yourself to buy a Ghibli just because and you made a decision that is right for you ...........good luck!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts