Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Did the French Alps last year. It was fantastic and everyone outside the car had a strange look at us ...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yep. With 19" Continental all-seasons our SQ4 handles better in the snow than our Mercedes ML 350 SUV. Just watch that clearance though!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m jealous. I live in the UK for over half the year and despite 1/3rd of the world‘s population driving on the left (steering wheel on the right normally abbreviated RHD for right hand drive), the Ghibli SQ4 is not available in RHD countries. We rarely get snow in London and it almost never goes below freezing, but my previous car, an AWD Bentley, was also great in just the rain and generally corner in dry conditions. The Levante is available in AWD in RHD countries, but the back looks generic and the whole look is not for me. Have pity on the people of the U.K., India, Australia, Japan, Malta, South Africa, Singapore, Ireland, Thailand etc. next time you hop in your SQ4 ;-(. If only....

·
Registered
6 Posts
SQ4 owner. I have Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32's mounted on stock 19's (F-245/45R19,R-275/40R19) and I was blown away by how well the AWD system performed in slippery conditions. I was hesitant at first because I usually step down the wheel size and run narrow winter tires with a taller profile. The SQ4 was more stable and predictable than my previous B8.5 Audi S5 with Blizzak LM-32 245/45R18.
Obviously, these cars don't have much ground clearance and the standard suspension has a lot of travel so they won't get through deep snow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep. With 19" Continental all-seasons our SQ4 handles better in the snow than our Mercedes ML 350 SUV. Just watch that clearance though!
i'm a fan of the continental all seasons as well, i'm running 20s on my sq4 and they grip well and are sturdy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts