Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
We just finished up a install for client of ours and a member on this forum. (jliu55) He originally came to us with gear he purchased online and asked us to perform the installation. I was hesitant of using some of his pre-bought gear but he decided to go ahead anyway and with poor results at the first attempt, he decided to let us chose some gear. Even though we did not completely agree with his front speaker choice, we kept the front and rear speakers he purchased and actually had great results for what they were. We replaced the radio interface part with a Pac add on amplifier piece which, allows you to get a full range signal directly out of the factory head and still retain steering wheel controls and bluetooth functions. The only loss he would have is the bass, mid and treble controls which, frankly you do not need anymore because of the Audison Bit ten integration piece. The sub enclosure was the biggest obstacle because he needed as much trunk room as possible and for the bass to be sufficient for him. He left with a smile on his face, the car sounded great with 2 hrs of tuning. The enclosure hardly took up any space and all the gear was mounted and hidden behind the factory trunk panels. The rear deck in this car is also still serviceable through the bottom of the enclosure but the enclosure is still sealed tight.

Enjoy the pics and hopefully jliu55 will make a comment when he sees this. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work on your car J.

Here is a list of gear:

(2) sets of 6.5" infinity kappa speakers
(1) Alpine PDX-V9 5 chnl amplifier
(1) Audison Bit Ten
(1) pac interface
(1) JL Audio 10TW3 Flat sub

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a couple pics from behind the scenes showing the Alpine amplifier, the Bit Ten and how the pac audio interface allows the radio to play all the way up with no clipping (shown on the o-scope) . Before the pac audio piece the radio with the OEM amplifier showed distortion at around volume 22.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Thanks for the update - especially about head end / Pac addon

Job looks great

DD

·
Registered
45 Posts
The install looks very professionally done! Congrats.

Does this car have the premium audio or the base audio?

Are you able to share some pictures of the side door install and the finished look of the sub inside the car with the rear panel back in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The install looks very professionally done! Congrats.

Does this car have the premium audio or the base audio?

Are you able to share some pictures of the side door install and the finished look of the sub inside the car with the rear panel back in?
Sorry, I do not have any pictures of the door speaker installation. We removed the old door speaker and built a new baffle out of ABS plastic and tapped the plastic to mount the speaker. As for the rear deck, it looks 100% stock from the inside of the car, we did not modify it at all.

He had the upgraded audio but not the B&W

·
Registered
312 Posts
Where are you guys located?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Need your opinions...I was quoted $400.00 to Dynamat all four doors. the rear was done by Maserati and the installer said price would include any added dynamat needed in the back. is $400. a good price to do this?

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Need your opinions...I was quoted $400.00 to Dynamat all four doors. the rear was done by Maserati and the installer said price would include any added dynamat needed in the back. is $400. a good price to do this?

Steve
Yes, that is a very good price if it is done correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
What kind of interface did you use? ("We replaced the radio interface part with a Pac add on amplifier piece ")

Can you send me link of this product?

THX

BR Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi
What kind of interface did you use? ("We replaced the radio interface part with a Pac add on amplifier piece ")

Can you send me link of this product?

THX

BR Mark

Here is the pic of the module. It's not plug and play though and requires a decent amount of work to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ghibli Premium sound

PM sent Darrin!
HI
I have the premium sound and I am not happy with the sound system. So how much did it cost for your guys for the upgrade? cost of material and labour. if you can give me the individual cost, I would appreciate it.
also the look from inside the car did not change at all? like the doors and everything?right?
thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HI
I have the premium sound and I am not happy with the sound system. So how much did it cost for your guys for the upgrade? cost of material and labour. if you can give me the individual cost, I would appreciate it.
also the look from inside the car did not change at all? like the doors and everything?right?
thanks
PM sent Amir!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Im curious to know if its possible to crank up the output of the stock amp? Reason, im asking is bc ever since i got my car back from teh dealer regarding the rattling it seems if the system is not as loud as it was before.

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im curious to know if its possible to crank up the output of the stock amp? Reason, im asking is bc ever since i got my car back from teh dealer regarding the rattling it seems if the system is not as loud as it was before.

thanks
No, it is not possible to adjust the OEM amplifier. Just curious as to where the rattling was occurring, door panels?

·
Registered
283 Posts
No, it is not possible to adjust the OEM amplifier. Just curious as to where the rattling was occurring, door panels?
It was coming from the rear speakers housing, i assume. They did a good job fixing the problem, but it seems it not as loud as before. Might of been the rattling that was making my music loud :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts