Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Ghibli subwoofer/audio solution

32K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Maserati14 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
We just finished up a install for client of ours and a member on this forum. (jliu55) He originally came to us with gear he purchased online and asked us to perform the installation. I was hesitant of using some of his pre-bought gear but he decided to go ahead anyway and with poor results at the first attempt, he decided to let us chose some gear. Even though we did not completely agree with his front speaker choice, we kept the front and rear speakers he purchased and actually had great results for what they were. We replaced the radio interface part with a Pac add on amplifier piece which, allows you to get a full range signal directly out of the factory head and still retain steering wheel controls and bluetooth functions. The only loss he would have is the bass, mid and treble controls which, frankly you do not need anymore because of the Audison Bit ten integration piece. The sub enclosure was the biggest obstacle because he needed as much trunk room as possible and for the bass to be sufficient for him. He left with a smile on his face, the car sounded great with 2 hrs of tuning. The enclosure hardly took up any space and all the gear was mounted and hidden behind the factory trunk panels. The rear deck in this car is also still serviceable through the bottom of the enclosure but the enclosure is still sealed tight.

Enjoy the pics and hopefully jliu55 will make a comment when he sees this. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work on your car J.

Here is a list of gear:

(2) sets of 6.5" infinity kappa speakers
(1) Alpine PDX-V9 5 chnl amplifier
(1) Audison Bit Ten
(1) pac interface
(1) JL Audio 10TW3 Flat sub

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Here are a couple pics from behind the scenes showing the Alpine amplifier, the Bit Ten and how the pac audio interface allows the radio to play all the way up with no clipping (shown on the o-scope) . Before the pac audio piece the radio with the OEM amplifier showed distortion at around volume 22.

Attachments

#5 ·
Thanks for the update - especially about head end / Pac addon

Job looks great

DD

#7 · (Edited)
Sorry, I do not have any pictures of the door speaker installation. We removed the old door speaker and built a new baffle out of ABS plastic and tapped the plastic to mount the speaker. As for the rear deck, it looks 100% stock from the inside of the car, we did not modify it at all.

He had the upgraded audio but not the B&W

#8 ·
Where are you guys located?

#18 ·
Im curious to know if its possible to crank up the output of the stock amp? Reason, im asking is bc ever since i got my car back from teh dealer regarding the rattling it seems if the system is not as loud as it was before.

thanks

#26 ·
I'm also looking to do a subwoofer add on without loosing much space. How well was the bass is this install. I really want a system that "bangs" and the person next too you at the stop light says "****" but i don't want to give up a lot of trunk space. any recommendations?

#29 ·
The Pac part C2ACHY5 will go full volume on remote start in the 2015 Ghibli, any idea on how to program the car to leave the stereo off during remote start if possible
? It works great on normal starting.Is there anything in the car that doesn't turn on during remote start operation and then comes on after "key" take over?

#32 ·
Hello

I was listening to music one day and the sound stopped. Sounded like either the fuse on my factory amp(if there is a fuse) or the factory amp itself fried. I thought to myself well since the audio was horrible anyways I might as well go get new speakers and do am aftermarket set up. The shop said he couldnt do anything unless the factory amp was working because that's where he takes the signal from to give to the aftermarket amp. Is this true? Isn't there a way maybe this PAC you speak of could just tap into the wires before it hits the factory amp so I wont need to spend $800+ just to get the amp replaced and have the same shitty sound that I didnt like before. Any clarification would be deeply appreciated !

#34 ·
Hello everyone,
We just finished up a install for client of ours and a member on this forum. (jliu55) He originally came to us with gear he purchased online and asked us to perform the installation. I was hesitant of using some of his pre-bought gear but he decided to go ahead anyway and with poor results at the first attempt, he decided to let us chose some gear. Even though we did not completely agree with his front speaker choice, we kept the front and rear speakers he purchased and actually had great results for what they were. We replaced the radio interface part with a Pac add on amplifier piece which, allows you to get a full range signal directly out of the factory head and still retain steering wheel controls and bluetooth functions. The only loss he would have is the bass, mid and treble controls which, frankly you do not need anymore because of the Audison Bit ten integration piece. The sub enclosure was the biggest obstacle because he needed as much trunk room as possible and for the bass to be sufficient for him. He left with a smile on his face, the car sounded great with 2 hrs of tuning. The enclosure hardly took up any space and all the gear was mounted and hidden behind the factory trunk panels. The rear deck in this car is also still serviceable through the bottom of the enclosure but the enclosure is still sealed tight.

Enjoy the pics and hopefully jliu55 will make a comment when he sees this. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work on your car J.

Here is a list of gear:

(2) sets of 6.5" infinity kappa speakers
(1) Alpine PDX-V9 5 chnl amplifier
(1) Audison Bit Ten
(1) pac interface
(1) JL Audio 10TW3 Flat sub
You would not have the measurements

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.