Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be helpful to those who are on the fence about a Ghibli to share some anecdotes about the :D, :cool: and :eek: of driving a Ghibli.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:D

Hubby was at gas station when another driver was surprised that he'd be filling his own gas in the car. He finally asked my husband what he does for a living that he could afford the car.

Husband merely stated that we work hard and save.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:eek:

Just came home from running a quick errand prior to the impending snow storm. Got pulled over for the first time in YEARS! 51 in a 35. Car accelerates so smoothly that you just don't realise your speed. Husband agrees that you can't feel the difference between 70 and 100. You're there in a flash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Test drove Q4 in Manhattan yesterday. Another car pulled up beside me at stop light to check it out. I put it in neutral and revved it up. Got thumbs up. Awesome acceleration on West SIde Highway. Bought the car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The day I drove the Ghibli home was a 73 mile drive from where I bought it since they had one of the first allocations available to me. I was driving minding my business paying attention to every law, not cutting anyone off, and someone in the lane next to me just completely randomly flips me off.

And that was it. I've had lookers and a few smiles beyond that. I have an F Type too and the attention it gets is 10 to 1. All the gawks, stares, looks and questions come with that car...which is actually kind of nice because I don't get bothered during the week in the Ghibli and I can act like a little boy in the F Type on the weekend.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just following the laws alone aren't enough. How you drive is another thing, which I can't comment on but you can follow all the laws in the book and still be driving in a way that pisses off some people.

·
Registered
852 Posts
some people will be pissed that you worked hard to get your Maserati and they cannot have one.............That is just the way it is.................and they will call you a pretentious p&*ck or what ever..................you earned it f&*k em...........I still think you will get more complements because a Maz is just cool....and you do not see one every day (and will not even with the increased production).......every one loves cool.................

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could also be that some people just don't like either 1) anything Italian or 2) anything NOT American.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Took mine to the car wash for a hand wash and some detailing, and when I came outside found the attendent crouched down taking a picture, and the attendents from the other bays( one BMW 5 series, one Mercedes CLS, and one Porsche Cayman) all gathered around. I should have taken an overall shot.

·
Registered
348 Posts
:D

Hubby was at gas station when another driver was surprised that he'd be filling his own gas in the car. He finally asked my husband what he does for a living that he could afford the car.

Husband merely stated that we work hard and save.
I am always amazed at the lack of tact of people. I get that comment a lot or, "how much do you make"…as if I would answer that. I just say i work my ass off more then twice the amount the average person does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rest stop

After buying my car last week in Peabody ma drove to the Super Bowl. Whe stopped at rest stop in conn came out to find two folks taking pictures from all angles. Very cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts