Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts. I have a 2015 SQ4 with 50K miles I've had for 3 years problem free. There is a 2017 GT for a great price. I LOVE my ghibli but thinking of doing a trade on this. I don't know if this is a post to convince me to stay with what I have or to justify me going to a 2 door. ARRRRGHHHH!

Just venting. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,703 Posts
Thoughts. I have a 2015 SQ4 with 50K miles I've had for 3 years problem free. There is a 2017 GT for a great price. I LOVE my ghibli but thinking of doing a trade on this. I don't know if this is a post to convince me to stay with what I have or to justify me going to a 2 door. ARRRRGHHHH!

Just venting. Thanks.
As some on this forum have done ... you can have both:cool:.

Ironically, I went to to buy a 2 year old used GT-MC that I was all excited to get when prices drop in January. Got to the showroom and they were talking up this new Ghibli SQ4 ... latest technology, AWD, and even practical with 4-doors. So I changed my mind and ordered a loaded relaunched 2014 SQ Ghibli which I still have today. No regrets. Although, I will say, as good as the Ghibli sounds, the GT has that deep impressive spitting growl you can't get with a V6 twin turbo. There is no right or wrong decision here.

Reactions: sledge1100

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously I test drove the GT today and wasn't that impressed. What confused me was I actually had to use a Key to start the car?! 2017 and no push button start? The inside looked like a sports car from early 2003 with lack of any sophistication. I showed the salesman the inside of my SQ4 and he thought it was amazing compared to the GT. All in all I'm glad I test drove it but I'm keeping the ghibli for sue. The rumble was more throaty in the GT but the ghibli in sport mode isn't that far off in my 2015 SQ4. Whew. I saved 66k today! lol

·
Registered
2016 Ghibli, 2019 VW Golf GTI
85 Posts
I'd agree with BeerGuy that there is no right or wrong answer here. The fact that you have made a decision based on what you saw & felt when you test drove the GT means you made the correct choice...for you.
I previously owned a 2012 Granturismo 4.7 (not the MC) from new & it gave me nothing but pleasure & a trouble free 4 years. When change over time came however & I drove the Ghibli as an alternative choice (I am advancing in years) the creature comforts & the extra doors certainly played a part in that decision. Again I concur with BeerGuy, the sound of a Maserati V8 is something the Ghibli V6 doesn't quite replicate....good enough for me though. Maybe my next will be a Ghibli Trofeo & get the best of both worlds...will have to start saving my pennies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts