Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi- any updates on this? Interested in a chip/tune solution. Enzo is out of business. I am in Toronto, Canada. Only options here are the Novitech tune (5K) or the eurocharged canada Tune (2K). Seems pricy to me. Any one with experience with Rennchip and/or Race Chip?
I'm also interested. The 2 options I'm considering are Rennchip for $900 or Fabspeed for $1500. I've spoken with Fabspeed and the only reason I'm hesitant is because they are in Pennsylvania and I'm in Denver, so I'll have to ship the ECU to them.
I was hoping to get feedback on the Rennchip module before making the final decision.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sprintbooster

I installed the Sprintbooster on my 2015 Q4 yesterday and although it does not add even one horsepower, it feels considerably faster (and more powerful). I used version 3 of Sprintbooster. I had previously used them on BMWs and was impressed. This one seems to do what the company claims.

·
Registered
26 Posts
is it worth the $280? i had it on my mb350 2014 and loved it but i haven't use sprint booster yet on my car.. i did tuned my car with @EuroDynamic and added 70hp and a around 80 tq.. in what way will the sprint booster help? my ghibli has the same lag below 2300 rpm its normal im used to this.. so when you say more powerful you mean how i lunches and how fast it reaches 0-60? or whats you experience? did you have a lot of trouble installing it? i did it on my mb but the ghibli seems like more work

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just read a few posts about the SprintBooster, which I had never heard of, but it seems that the same result could be obtained by a software update. Am I right or wrong?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think it is definitely worth the $289. It feels so much quicker. Hard to describe how much quicker it feels, but I am not certain it actually is quicker. Version 3 of the Sprintbooster has two modes (as well as "off") which you can change on the fly. Sport mode has nine settings (programs) and Race mode has nine for a total of 18 programs, so you can fine tune it as you drive. Fortunately, since you can switch back and forth between off-sport-race on the sprintbooster, it is easy to judge the difference.

If I had it to do again, I certainly would do it. It feels stronger in normal mode (sport-9) than when I used to switch to "sport" mode (without the Sprintbooster).

As far as whether a tuner could tune the same, I assume it is a possibility, but it is not clear to me that they address the "drive by wire" accelerator,

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have never tuned a Ghibli diesel but the gasoline engines pick up over 105+ foot pounds of torque to the wheels with our tune. @Fredvr is correct though, the DPF would be destroyed with all that added fuel.
are you guys still in business?

is there anyone else in NYC area that i can drive to for a tune?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Racechip installation is proving to be a problem due to the need to plug their wiring harness into a sensor at the rear of the engine. Racechip company simply offers that you can do it with a needle nose pliers -- these would not help as the sensor is "covered" by two hardware tubes that seemingly cannot be moved. I have been asking Racechip for assistance for months and hopefully will get cooperation so that I can report how the software works. In the meantime, if anyone else has discovered a method for reaching the sensor, please advise.

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Anyone bought the "Performance Tune" from Fabspeed? Trying to compare this to the Drive by Wire from Formula Dynamics.
I know a few people who are no longer on the forum that did get the PT from Fabspeed and were happy with results. The predominate tuners on this site have been Enzo and Eurodynamic.

Drive by wire is not a tune ... it only gives you more of what you already have faster; while a tune will increase overall power and adjust other ECU parameters. By far a proper tune will give you higher performance than DBW.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
322 Posts
Hi guys,

Just to jump in on a couple of things -- previous posts are correct that a DBW and an ECU tune are completely different. We offer the DBW for someone who is looking to remove the turbo lag and get immediate throttle response and better gear selection on their Ghibli. The DBW will liven up the drive because it's waking up the car and working with the ECU to allow it to use the full capabilities of the car. It does not give any additional horsepower even though it may feel like it.

We haven't promoted this yet, but it's been in process for many months, and we do now offer an ECU flash tune for owners with the SQ4 model. It's a fantastic upgrade! Great peak and midrange gain horsepower numbers. It will increase the responsiveness, but a lot of guys will do the ECU reflash and the DBW together for maximum results.

Give us a call for more details...we'll be officially launching this in the next month or so.

(Normally it takes about 1 to 2 weeks but we prioritize these types of orders and work to quickly ship your ECU right back to you. As you know with a reflash, you'll remove your ECU and send it in to us, so your car is down until you reinstall the ECU back in the car.)

Feel free to call us with questions or for pricing; we're here to help (702) 430-1040.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
322 Posts

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
322 Posts
You asked for it -- and you got it! Our new ECU Tune is available for the Ghibli -- and just in time for our Holiday Sale that starts today. So, our introductory price just got knocked down by 20% during our two-week sale!

Check out the details:

For the Ghibli S and SQ4: http://www.formuladynamics.com/products/ghibli_s_ecu_tune/ghibli_s_ecu_tune.php

For the Ghibli 2WD: http://www.formuladynamics.com/products/ghibli_ecu_tune/ghibli_ecu_tune.php

Give us a call for more details. And, Happy Cyber Shopping! 'Tis the Season to $ave!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Racechip installation is proving to be a problem due to the need to plug their wiring harness into a sensor at the rear of the engine. Racechip company simply offers that you can do it with a needle nose pliers -- these would not help as the sensor is "covered" by two hardware tubes that seemingly cannot be moved. I have been asking Racechip for assistance for months and hopefully will get cooperation so that I can report how the software works. In the meantime, if anyone else has discovered a method for reaching the sensor, please advise.
Try one of these.

https://www.grainger.com/product/23UN06?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!50916771477!!!g!82128240717!&ef_id=WNL0ZQAAAUzvlp6D:20171128232837:s&kwid=productads-adid^50916771477-device^c-plaid^82128240717-sku^23UN06-adType^PLA

Ron

381 - 400 of 431 Posts