Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

421 - 432 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
UPDATE:

So when I intially installed the harness for the control module, there were black & red wires with connectors on them for under a screw or bolt. The installation video made no mention of them so I didn't know what to do with them, so I called MADNess. They told me those were rarely used and on cars that had voltage issues & I should just neatly tuck them away. After convincing myself not to cut them off, I did just that.

Fast forward to this issue I was having....in speaking with their COO (Art, who was extremely patient, nice & helpful) who has been trying to figure the problem out, he did some research and suggested I try connecting those red & black wires...red to the positive terminal under the hood & the black to a ground. I did just that and VOILA, no more issues!! Increased power and no CEL's. Such a simple solution was sitting right there the entire time. A 5 minute fix that neither of us thought to try. Had we, I'd have been issue free from the beginning. Live and learn I guess.

I just wanted to share my solution. I can definitely feels the horsepower increase. I'll see after I get 80 miles on her so the computer adjusts, but I did notice my avg. mpg went down 2 mpg's. On their website it claims a 10% increase in avg. mpg is possible. Oh well.

Ron

·
Registered
69 Posts
Really glad to hear and am looking forward to your further assessment. I sure am enjoying the Racechip that I installed together with SpringBooster. Seems to me that the power increase is quite significant (but part of the "feeling" comes from the BMC air filters and the SprintBooster).

Rick

·
Registered
69 Posts
My SprintBooster is set at Sport 6. Tried higher and thought it was a little too aggressive. Where did you mount the control unit?

·
Registered
289 Posts
My SprintBooster is set at Sport 6. Tried higher and thought it was a little too aggressive. Where did you mount the control unit?
I mounted on the lower part of the dash, next to the steering wheel, right above where my right knee is. Accessible but stealthy and out of the way.

I will try 5 for a few days and see how I like it. ;)

Ron

·
Registered
289 Posts
So I put about 150 miles on now with the piggy back tune installed.
I have to say there is a noticeable increase in HP & torque. It is smooth as well. My average gas mileage initially went down by 2mpg initially, but that has now returned to normal or even a bit BETTER than before. I also have seen the highest avg mpg I have ever seen in my daily driving routines! I am a happy camper.

Ron

·
Registered
204 Posts
So I put about 150 miles on now with the piggy back tune installed.
I have to say there is a noticeable increase in HP & torque. It is smooth as well. My average gas mileage initially went down by 2mpg initially, but that has now returned to normal or even a bit BETTER than before. I also have seen the highest avg mpg I have ever seen in my daily driving routines! I am a happy camper.

Ron
Great news and glad to hear it's been working well for you now. Thanks for the update, enjoy!

·
Registered
446 Posts
This seems like a popular choice out there. Anyone install this and care to comment? I would add on the Bluetooth module for phone and flashing (+$140):

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love my Sprint Booster. I keep it on Red and 9. It is a little crazy and I have to warn people the throttle is sensitive. The best upgrade I have done.

421 - 432 of 432 Posts