Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally yesterday, my Ghibli went into Hibernation Mode for the winter. It will come alive by April 15.

Will be visiting her almost every week to see if she is sleeping well.

So lets see what ECU tunes, DBW and mods come out by the April, which i can get and when the car becomes alive in April it might be a different beast >:D

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
So did you do anything special for hibernation?

I only plan on 90 days at most ... Dec-Feb ... than take the car out for it's one year anniversary in March.

Although if we get a good clean snowfall I will be tempted to test the AWD with Sottozero winter tires.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I only won't drive when theres snow or ice on the roads.. luckily we don't have allot of snow here so I don't have to put my car in a wintersleep. When the temperature is below 7 I feel that the car is a bit slippery when I drive manual, in sport its ok.

·
Registered
261 Posts
With the all wheel drive do you all think it is really necessary to store the car door winter? I am excited at the idea of awd so I can have a better year round experience.

I currently daily drive my qp even in winter (its surprisingly better in the snow than one would think).

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main reason to put the car to sleep is not because it would not drive in the snow. But all the salt and stuff they put on the road to melt it. (Biggest reason)

Secondly i still had my summer tires on and was waiting for the all season to come as they are on Backorder until January.

If i would be living in a place with no to very minimum snow i would have not done that. Cold weather is not the problem the darn salt and who knows what they put to clean and melt it away is the problem.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hello All:
My baby is going to sleep officially tonight after work. We are expecting a Nor'Easter with snow on Wednesday and she will never see the white stuff or all the salty mess that comes with it!!
She will be back on the road in March (unless February is 60 degrees and sunny!!)

To all you out there Happy Thanksgiving!
Safe Travels to where ever you are celebrating!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Steve, I have kinda of the same plan, but i am looking to get it in April, since i think even March does not have 60 degrees :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well.. I will be going to Toronto tomorrow if weather permits.

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Your Ghibli is like our koi fish :) they go into hibernation for winter months. It must be hard to stay away from it for that long. I enjoy mine everyday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds sad to have to put such a beautiful car in hibernation.. I'll be thinking of all those sleeping beauties while I am driving down PCH here in SoCal.. it does dip into the 50's some mornings and that cold start sounds extra angry which I love.. well hope all your Masers come out in good form for spring, good luck!

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
It certainly is shame to put these cars away ... but my Ghibli is ready to burst out of hibernation into some fresh clean snow. It's all serviced, plugged in and detailed, (Ghibli pajama's off for picture), for the next nice day.

Although, I must admit something is wrong with this scenario. The car is AWD, has winter tires on spare rims, (which I'm starting to like as much if not more than the urano's since they are a little different) and tire/wheel insurance. So while this car is temporarily hibernating, I broke out the Jag XK-R which is rear wheel drive, no snow tires and a convertible which was neglected all spring and summer, (since I had the Ghibli).:|

What's interesting is I thought the Ghibli S-Q4 would have been faster until I recalled this is a "supercharged" V8 ... but not so sure now ... Jag is rated at 4.6 seconds to 60 mph ... essentially same as "turbocharged" Ghibli.

Attachments

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Registered
64 Posts
You guys crack me up.

I tried the hibernation thing but only lasted 5 days. I love my BMW 650 IC and my Range Rover Sport but adore the look, feel and sound of my Maserati. Now everyone else is in hibernation and she's out, besides its only 60 degree.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@My-Rati buddy you live in SoCal and a lot of us live in North East where the temp could go below -10. Having said that cold weather does not bother me that much as snow and the salt on the road does. It practically destroys the under belly of the car....

If i would be in south or cali my car would never have gone in.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
45 Posts
So finally yesterday, my Ghibli went into Hibernation Mode for the winter. It will come alive by April 15.

Will be visiting her almost every week to see if she is sleeping well.

So lets see what ECU tunes, DBW and mods come out by the April, which i can get and when the car becomes alive in April it might be a different beast >:D
you got the cold weather package and awd and you put her to sleep during winter??

·
Registered
80 Posts
you got the cold weather package and awd and you put her to sleep during winter??
Indeed. Some people's reason keep amaze me!

FoxBeat

·
Registered
105 Posts
I took mine out for a ride today - it was 50 degrees out and bright sunshine!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts