Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
So all the cars that had these issues were just thrown to the wreckers? No updates guys? I’m having the same issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just pressed the keyless start button to turn the car on. The engine didn't start but it makes a ticking noise. Also, the radio, dash, and everything else did turn on. Now, I can't even turn the accessory off. The car won't respond when I try to hit the keyless start button again to turn the **** car off. It is stuck in that stage but the engine isn't on. The car was involved in an accident no airbags deployed and the resistor at the battery is working properly.

I've checked for codes, these are the codes I've got.

U0028 Vehicle communication bus A
U0129 Lost communication with brake system control module
U0101 Lost communication with TCM

Any suggestions?

-2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
OP - Have you ever fixed the issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not likely to be your problem, but the remote start function will kill the engine if it doesn't idle correctly after startup.

What's the process you have to follow after replacing a battery in the Ghibli?
I think you're right.

You don't have to take any chances. I'd call a tow truck and go to the master.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just pressed the keyless start button to turn the car on. The engine didn't start but it makes a ticking noise. Also, the radio, dash, and everything else did turn on. Now, I can't even turn the accessory off. The car won't respond when I try to hit the keyless start button again to turn the **** car off. It is stuck in that stage but the engine isn't on. The car was involved in an accident no airbags deployed and the resistor at the battery is working properly.

Any suggestions?

I have a 2014 ghibli and I’ve been in the trunk section of the car for a seat fuse blowing but that’s neither here or there all I can say is that I’m a Collision tech and our cars have some bmw technology so I may think,I worked on a BMW X5 that was rear ended,wouldn’t start again until I replaced the complete fuse able link from the actual battery to the car it’s a large fuse and it commonly goes out when involved in a collision,that would be your best direction,looking for the main fuse able link from the battery to the car and making sure it’s still in tact and function able, and also checking the fuses while your there since there right next to the battery,other fuse box is under hood fuse for the fuel pump is up there,there should be a plastic fuse remover inside the fuse box or cap,Goodluck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 ghibli and I’ve been in the trunk section of the car for a seat fuse blowing but that’s neither here or there all I can say is that I’m a Collision tech and our cars have some bmw technology so I may think,I worked on a BMW X5 that was rear ended,wouldn’t start again until I replaced the complete fuse able link from the actual battery to the car it’s a large fuse and it commonly goes out when involved in a collision,that would be your best direction,looking for the main fuse able link from the battery to the car and making sure it’s still in tact and function able, and also checking the fuses while your there since there right next to the battery,other fuse box is under hood fuse for the fuel pump is up there,there should be a plastic fuse remover inside the fuse box or cap,Goodluck.
Add another pissed customer to the list - I have a 2016 Ghibli Q4 - Battery died yesterday, I replaced it with a new one & now the car refuses to start...
Took the new batter back out again and back to where I purchased, had it tested to be sure, and showing 12.4 volts / 1100+ cranking amps.. Interstate battery by the way.. Re-installed, made doubly sure that everything was connected properly - still won't start... Lights, air, locks, seats all work but no ignition. Just note that trying to put the FOB on the ignition/start button did nothing for me as well with both FOB's I have.. My car is under warranty but since it was not an OEm battery, Maserati will bend me over if I have to have it towed. I'm truly out of ideas... Anyone have anything else to try?
Ken

·
Registered
62 Posts
Believe it or not, a battery charge of 12.39 is considered discharged, and anything under 11.8 is considered completely discharged. Put it on a charger and let it charge it up to 100% and try again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Believe it or not, a battery charge of 12.39 is considered discharged, and anything under 11.8 is considered completely discharged. Put it on a charger and let it charge it up to 100% and try again.
Case closed... I had a wire crossed like a dummy... Car fired right up after I fixed it.
But I think I will look into the trickle charger down the road for preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any suggestions?

Hi im getting the same problem on my ghibli it got an immobilzer ,fault steering locked ,ignition turns on but no start , alarm light stays on any suggestions? Thanks neil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey did you find out what the problem was? My Ghibli won’t start, it is saying service power steering as well. I’ve had trouble in the past with starting it and remote start was usually my work around but this time it’s not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm now a part of the club. Just happened after returning from a 4 day trip leaving the ghibli in the garage. Went to start it and it just ticked and popped up "service power steering" on the screen.

I tried recharging the battery but the charger was basically done in 10 minutes so it was charged. I tried again and same thing. I tried jumping with my other car and did the same thing.

I under warranty so it's not a big deal but I've only had the car 2 months and this is worrisome. Anyone find out what the problem is?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I had that problem not in a maserati
The battery was inside of it on shortcut .. i was charging it and was giving me 13volts.. but the amps were very low ...as soon as i was trying to get the car running BMW M6 V10 the car sometimes got to start and got many errors and as it is powered in continuous by battery it was dying after a short time

The volts of the battery don't mean much.. it it is the amps the most important

I would recommend to exchange the battery also check if the alternator of the car works
The key fob it is just a signal.. if it is not detected car don't work .. if the car as fonction with the key.. the key is fine

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey did you find out what the problem was? My Ghibli won’t start, it is saying service power steering as well. I’ve had trouble in the past with starting it and remote start was usually my work around but this time it’s not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello @Ctorj
We would like to hear more about your concerns to determine how we may assist. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we can investigate further.

MaseratiCares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Add another pissed customer to the list - I have a 2016 Ghibli Q4 - Battery died yesterday, I replaced it with a new one & now the car refuses to start...
Took the new batter back out again and back to where I purchased, had it tested to be sure, and showing 12.4 volts / 1100+ cranking amps.. Interstate battery by the way.. Re-installed, made doubly sure that everything was connected properly - still won't start... Lights, air, locks, seats all work but no ignition. Just note that trying to put the FOB on the ignition/start button did nothing for me as well with both FOB's I have.. My car is under warranty but since it was not an OEm battery, Maserati will bend me over if I have to have it towed. I'm truly out of ideas... Anyone have anything else to try?
Ken
Have you gotten fix? What was it? I have the same issue

21 - 33 of 33 Posts