Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the face of Maseratis growth spurt the firm has decided on two new advertising agencies for an extensive Ghibli campaign. The First is McGarryBrown based out of New York, London, Chicago, Shanghai and Dusseldorf. Maserati has never been particularly large in the advertising game, they have always operated with a shoestring marketing budget and have typically focused on only a few marquee newspapers. In fact Maserati has handled their own advertising since 2009.

With the expected popularity of the Ghibli and incoming Levante Maserati is shifting gears and intends to severely market itself going forward.

McGarryBrown is expected to handle all media based advertisements while Milan Based Kube Libre will focus on sponsorship, direct marketing and in person experiences with the brand.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ugh. I wonder where the sweet spot is for Maserati? They definitely can't win a shooting war with zee Germans. How much marketshare can they grab before they lose exclusivity and with it the company?

·
24 Posts
Ugh. I wonder where the sweet spot is for Maserati? They definitely can't win a shooting war with zee Germans. How much marketshare can they grab before they lose exclusivity and with it the company?
I think they are trying to avoid the shooting war by going for a shock and awe approach.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice. Although the americans at least will soon be desensitized to the Maserati s&a and look forward to an entry-level Bentley double shot s&a frappuccino... assuming VW figures out upper-end Audis just aren't sophisticated enough. Who knows, perhaps BMW will do the same with RR? This game is a slippery slope.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I too worry about the slippery slope of client diversification. Case and point Mercedes Benz. $30,000 vehicles with panel gaps and cheap plastic all in the quest of new clients! BYE BYE

·
Registered
284 Posts
yes I too worry about the slippery slope of client diversification. Case and point Mercedes Benz. $30,000 vehicles with panel gaps and cheap plastic all in the quest of new clients! BYE BYE
Which model is this on? I hope it's not the C-Class.
An MB being that cheap probably isn't built up to the same standards and quality control as other higher-priced models.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ ratti the CLA and GLA

@ pitchfork not yet, the partnership was just announced. Look for Maserati Ads at the superbowl, its the only way to induce maximum credit purchases, sorry leveraged buys ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
The first Ghibli adverts have started appearing in the UK press, I saw two at the weekend, in the Times in their Saturday magazine and in What Car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think youre a long ways away from market saturation with 20k units (ghibli). Even with the Kubang when you consider that BMW produced 360k 5 series alone last year! Even if total production hit 50k units annually, you would rarely see these cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts