Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,first time forum user but i am stuck and wonder if anyone has had a similar problem,i have a 2014 ghibl,one day i lowerd the drivers window and all seemed well until,smoke started to appear from the door,quite a lot infact,we quickly disconnected the battery and removed the door panel,nothing was obvious apart from burning smell coming from the window motor
I ordered a new one from my local dealer and after it was fitted ,and as i plugged the new motor in it automaticall lowered and not wont move up or down
i have plugged our diag in and it says the door module is un calibrated
My question is does anyone know if the window has to be matched to the new motor
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hello @John page!

Sorry to hear that your Ghibli is experiencing this window performance concern. Though this account primarily assists customers and vehicles based in the United States we would like to connect you with Maserati Customer Care in your region. If interested in additional assistance we encourage you to contact a representative here: Maserati Contact Centre: Contact Us | Maserati UK

Hannah
Maserati Cares

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've just had the issue on a friend's Ghibli.
Weird operation, at first the the driver's window would go up right to the top, then after 1sec, it went down to half way, I try several times, and every time it return to 1/2 half way.
I recalibrated the door module with a Launch 431, the windows then operated properly.

A few moments later I closed the door, the window decided to go all the way down then stop, and smoke started to poor out of the door...
Disconnected the battery, the motor was completely burnt.
I ordered a new motor + the rail system, it comes as one unit.

@Istanojevic , did you have to replace anything else that the motor unit? And how did you calibrate the window again? Thanks.

Has anyone else had the issue and how did they re-calibrate the window?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good evening,first time forum user but i am stuck and wonder if anyone has had a similar problem,i have a 2014 ghibl,one day i lowerd the drivers window and all seemed well until,smoke started to appear from the door,quite a lot infact,we quickly disconnected the battery and removed the door panel,nothing was obvious apart from burning smell coming from the window motor
I ordered a new one from my local dealer and after it was fitted ,and as i plugged the new motor in it automaticall lowered and not wont move up or down
i have plugged our diag in and it says the door module is un calibrated
My question is does anyone know if the window has to be matched to the new motor
any help would be appreciated
Same thing happened to me. For me it was the module with all the small plugs on the door but I'm sure you got it fixed by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts