Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my white sql 4 today. Super excited.

Dealer gave me 3K off MSRP! But there is a catch - I'll write about it later in a few hours.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I ordered the ghibli here are the Options I chose, 20” Varano wheels, premium sound, premium pkg, sport pkg, radica wood. Msrp was around 83.5. When I came today to pick up the I noticed that the car had 2 options I never ordered. Extended leather and red brake calipers and the Msrp was 2k more. I asked about what happened and the dealer said that basically maserati won't let you build a sports pack without the 2 other options , but that's he's giving me a 3k credit to cover that difference, so at this will answer some peoples question about why the sport pack is only 1800 but includes calipers and extended leather ( even tho it doesn't, but it kinda does I guess ). Good news for everyone.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also some more info regarding 20" wheels / tires. The unrano wheels come with continconactsport 3s which is a UHP summer tire. I looked on tire rack and there is no other choice but to order a winter tire ( Pirelli sotto zeros 3 ), that's the only choice available for this size wheel. It's a dedicated winter sport tire which is fantastic. if you don't want to be doing hokey puck slides on the streets of Chicago that's what u gotta get. Tires are decently prices $1400 a set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I ordered the ghibli here are the Options I chose, 20” Varano wheels, premium sound, premium pkg, sport pkg, radica wood. Msrp was around 83.5. When I came today to pick up the I noticed that the car had 2 options I never ordered. Extended leather and red brake calipers and the Msrp was 2k more. I asked about what happened and the dealer said that basically maserati won't let you build a sports pack without the 2 other options , but that's he's giving me a 3k credit to cover that difference, so at this will answer some peoples question about why the sport pack is only 1800 but includes calipers and extended leather ( even tho it doesn't, but it kinda does I guess ). Good news for everyone.
I have three options I never ordered, my car was late for nearly 2 months, my dealer still not sure for the.time to give me the car and they can't give any discount

·
Registered
284 Posts
One thing i noticed in this picture is how well quality control is with these cars. Just look at the Ghibli that's completely wrapped, that's what I love to see. Not just a couple area's covered with plastic. At least the chance of damage from rocks and such during transport is basically non-existent

I know some tech's will hate doing a PDI on it, so much to remove.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congratulations!

It looks fantastic

Can't wait for mine now

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great looking car. Can I ask, is the extended leather you got the "premium quality" ? I ask because there seems to be some confusion what grade leather is provided in the "sports pack/extended leather" combo. Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great looking car. Can I ask, is the extended leather you got the "premium quality" ? I ask because there seems to be some confusion what grade leather is provided in the "sports pack/extended leather" combo. Thanks.
It seems to be high quality, but I cannot really tell. I have leather furniture at home that feels a lot better than the leather used in the ghibli, but it could be because the leather is made sturdier on purpose.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Handling is superb it's light and precise. Throttle response is crap. They really have t address that. Paddle shifting helps somewhat but you still have to press the gas at least 50% to the floor to make the car go. Also even in sport mode this tranny takes it's jolly good time to shift, I would say half second at least if not more. So don't expect DCT or PDK type performance it's quite a bit far away from those trannies. Still good and fun to drive. Can't really push it hard yet until I get good winter tire on it and break the 600 mile mark. I'll report back when it's been broken in a bit.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts