Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got my Ghibli delivered from Celeveland to Dallas,TX yesterday. Definitely it is a step up in the league of sports car as i used to drive the BMW 5 series in the past and i am super excited.

Man, this thing is a beauty and attracts all the attention wherever i go.

SQ4 Grigio Mettalic with Nero interior, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Ebano Wood Trim.

Initially i thought the black interior would be too dark for my taste, but to my surprise it blends beautifully with the Girigo metallic exterior.

The only thing i am struggling is with parking in my garage as the Ghibli is definitely longer than BMW 5series or the Lexus GS350 etc. But i will get used to it as i start playing with it.

I'm posting a picture i took this morning, i have to wash it as it has lot of dirt and snow residue while transporting.

The stock 18 inch staggered wheel is not that bad, but i will definitely look into upgrading to 20 inch in the future.

Thanks
-GMan

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congratulations!!! I picked up my SQ4 last Saturday night. Identical combination as yours except I have silver calipers and 19" Porteros. I will post pictures after it stops raining in Los Angeles. The car is definitely wider than my 5 series and because of the width I cannot park it in the garage. The wife wins as to who gets to use the garage:rolleyes: Enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You All !!!

It is Girigo (NOT Metallo). I had the same confusion but my dealer told me that they diffirentiate by stating Girigo Metallic vs. Girigo Metallo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your dealer makes a nice confusion. Metallo is the italian word for metallic...
He would better differentiate with silver and dark silver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yup, the color of the car on the 1st post is Grigio and certainly not Grigio Metallo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats! I also got a SQ4 in the same color. I am picking it up tomorrow morning. Looks great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You guys who are commenting on the Ghibli's larger size than a 5 Series, are you comparing it to the current 5 Series? I have one, and have considered the Ghibli, but am for the first time in my life actually looking to get something slightly "smaller" if anything. Easier to take care of, and cars are just getting so massive without the benefit of more headroom or space for that matter (just lots of extended metal to make up the larger dimensions). The Ghibli hides its size very well, but when I look at the specs, it's indeed longer and considerably wider than the 5, which I already find pretty huge.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Ghibli is 2.5 inches longer and 3.75 wider than the current 5 series. It feels smaller on the inside than the 5. Just got rid of my '11 535. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice car! I purchased the same vehicle from Maserati of Cleveland! I live in Ohio and I absolutely can not wait for the break in weather to where I can actually enjoy my new toy!

As for the size I am coming from a 12 X5d and the SQ4 seems wider than that driving through the gate of my driveway! No worries, I will get used to her!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ottima scelta -- Godere, godere!

Excellent choice -- enjoy, enjoy!

Please provide an update after you have had it for a bit. I would like to know your impressions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts